1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

JohnBull Sewing Chops

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Oct 19, 2006.

1. ardeetee

ardeetee Senior member

just wanted to comment about the sc007 since I had a chance to try them on at the JohnBull store last week in Harajuku. Basically, I found the fit of these to be perfect for me, but like LAG said, they are definitely more blue and don't have the "sheen" of dry denim that you might expect. Also, I didn't find them to be too low-rise, I personally don't like the high-rise of most repros, so I was pleasently surprised with the "modern fit" when I tried these on. If BIG offers them for $168, you are paying only a small markup since they are about 15,000Yen in store.

However, I also had a chance to feel the PBJ xx-005 and they seem to be quite a bit heavier which I like. If the xx005 really does fit similarly to the sc007, I may just go with the xx005 just based on personal preference (more expensive though).

Overall, the sc007 seems to be a great pair of dry denim that is more on the casual side of the spectrum. Selvedge, one-wash so they are very comfortable, hidden rivets, low-rise and modern fit.

Side note: Maybe LAG can comment here, but I did notice that there were loose threads on the side stitching (not sure what the technical term is), but it's on the side of the jeans near your pocket. It looks like they did it on purpose, but it kind of bugged me since I like everything to be clean and tidy. Did yours have this LAG?