• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Johnbull pants

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with their stuff? I've been looking for some non-denim pants, and these have always caught my eyes:

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/super-rag/503646/523969/

They seem like a good alternative to khakis. I also heard that new shop Blue on Green in NYC carried Johnbull. anyone see these and for how much? I know I can order direct from super-rag as an option.

sashae

Reaction score
I do! I actually bought this pair:

img10451505804.jpeg

...at Ciao Panic in Kyoto. They're awesome -- loose weave, low waisted, very comfortable, slim fitting trousers. My wife loves em. I highly recommend them...

-s

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Thanks Sash.
What size did you get and what size do you normally wear. I know they only come in even sizes.

sashae

Reaction score
Originally Posted by digital_denim
Thanks Sash.
What size did you get and what size do you normally wear. I know they only come in even sizes.

I got 34s, and they run true to size. Slim fitting and quite low rise. I'm happy
wink.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are awfully nice. So there is a source in the USA for these? Any web shops that ship to the USA?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

YoungPunch

Reaction score
Cool! Finally a thread about john bull! I don't own any of their clothing YET, but I must say that from browsing japanese web-stores on rakuten, the garments look fantastic! The pants and jackets they make are the perfect combo of old-school, vintage, workwear, military- styles all rolled into one! High quality, heavy duty cotton twills, with nice details such as cinch-backs,and rivets, and cargo pockets. M-65 repros made from denim, heavy canvas fabrics, etc...just all-around nice materials being used in the production process.

And this store in NYC "blue in green" def. knows whats up, so if they are stocking John Bull you know its gotta be good! I will be buying a pair of john bull khakis/twill pants soon, the perfect alternative to wearing jeans!

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Looking at a pair still, but I'm a size 31...trying to decide which size (30 or 32) to go with. I guess since their not denim, they won't be stretching much and I should size up?

mizanation

Reaction score
yeah, blue in green has a bunch of john bulls. they fit great. they also have some stitch's which i think fit even better. very nice stuff if you want an alternative to repros.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads