• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John White Shoes and Boots. Any good??????

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
Steve, John White do make some good quality shoes but they also make some absolute tat, best bet is to see a pair in the flesh.

Chris

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
Dont knock a Brand just for being stocked at TK Maxx, I've had some really good finds in there, admittidly there is alot of absolute pants too.

As i said, if you're buying a brand you're new to and ae not familiar with its quality, always best to see and have a feel first, failing that you could always just send em back if you're not happy?

Chris.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Shoe fetishisisisist
Dont knock a Brand just for being stocked at TK Maxx, I've had some really good finds in there, admittidly there is alot of absolute pants too.

As i said, if you're buying a brand you're new to and ae not familiar with its quality, always best to see and have a feel first, failing that you could always just send em back if you're not happy?

Chris.

I wouldn't knock a brand for being stocked at TK Maxx - I get stuff from there all the time.
I've handled them and wasn't too impressed. They're probably worth the price that they go for at TK Maxx (around the £70 mark - $110)

Frank Davis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MalfordOfLondon
I wouldn't knock a brand for being stocked at TK Maxx - I get stuff from there all the time.
I've handled them and wasn't too impressed. They're probably worth the price that they go for at TK Maxx (around the £70 mark - $110)

lurker[1].gif
lurker[1].gif

Well I guess everybody has right to his or her opinion.

Isn't it a democracy on style forum?

Ich_Dien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also think they're rubbish from what I've seen in person.

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
I bought a pair of Whites from Costco for £45, they were of a proper stitched welt construction but the uppers were shocking quality (which at that price is te be expected). I only wanted them for wearing whilst working on the door where they get covered in alcohol/blood/vomit (delete as applicable).

Horses for courses i suppose.

Chris.

miurasv

Reaction score
Steve, John White do make some good quality shoes but they also make some absolute tat, best bet is to see a pair in the flesh.

Chris

Hello Chris. DMC?????? How's it going? You must spend a lot of time at John Ian.

I've seen these boots for sale at TK Maxx. I guess they're not anywhere near the standard of Loake Bedale, Grenson Fred etc then.

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by miurasv
Hello Chris. DMC?????? How's it going? You must spend a lot of time at John Ian. I've seen these boots for sale at TK Maxx. I guess they're not anywhere near the standard of Loake Bedale, Grenson Fred etc then.
Hit the nail on the head mate, Yeah John Ian is the devil. Small world eh?
biggrin.gif
I don't think John White is as good as the other makers you've mentioned, not many people talk about the brand on here as far as I can see. I'd stick with what you know to keep yourself happy. I Love TK Maxx for the bargains to be had on the clothing there but the shoes are seldom any good, unless as I said before you're looking for a pair of "beaters". Chris.

miurasv

Reaction score
Hit the nail on the head mate, Yeah John Ian is the devil. Small world eh?
biggrin.gif

I don't think John White is as good as the other makers you've mentioned, not many people talk about the brand on here as far as I can see. I'd stick with what you know to keep yourself happy.

I Love TK Maxx for the bargains to be had on the clothing there but the shoes are seldom any good, unless as I said before you're looking for a pair of "beaters".

Chris.

Some great shoes at John Ian. Getting them wide enough to fit me is a problem though. How do you find your Borgioli's? Do they last well? What do you think of the quality?

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
I love my Borgioli's I have a pair thar are completely unworn as I've not really been anywhere to warrant them, the pair I do wear I love though, they are due a new heel and sole now though and finding a cobbler I trust to do the job to a satisfactory standard is the issue.
nest.gif

miurasv

Reaction score
I love my Borgioli's I have a pair thar are completely unworn as I've not really been anywhere to warrant them, the pair I do wear I love though, they are due a new heel and sole now though and finding a cobbler I trust to do the job to a satisfactory standard is the issue.
nest.gif

Ask David at John Ian about getting your shoes resoled. He told me he could get them done with the proper Borgioli soles. I hope he wasn't telling me porkies.

bsonov

Reaction score
hi. did you know anything about this site? how they can be trusted? And as far as the actual problem fake John White shoes? I would like to Oxford and Chelsea of this brand if you can recommend the right web-site?

Konk

Reaction score
I know for a fact these boots are genuine hand welted boots, most Goodyear welted shoe/boots are machine made, these are not so you could say they are not poorly made copies but but a better made advancement. well done John White.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads