John White Shoes and Boots. Any good??????

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by miurasv, Feb 14, 2011.

1. miurasv

miurasv Senior member

2. Shoe fetishisisisist

Shoe fetishisisisist Well-Known Member

Steve, John White do make some good quality shoes but they also make some absolute tat, best bet is to see a pair in the flesh.

Chris

3. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

4. Shoe fetishisisisist

Dont knock a Brand just for being stocked at TK Maxx, I've had some really good finds in there, admittidly there is alot of absolute pants too.

As i said, if you're buying a brand you're new to and ae not familiar with its quality, always best to see and have a feel first, failing that you could always just send em back if you're not happy?

Chris.

5. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

Dont knock a Brand just for being stocked at TK Maxx, I've had some really good finds in there, admittidly there is alot of absolute pants too.

As i said, if you're buying a brand you're new to and ae not familiar with its quality, always best to see and have a feel first, failing that you could always just send em back if you're not happy?

Chris.

I wouldn't knock a brand for being stocked at TK Maxx - I get stuff from there all the time.
    I've handled them and wasn't too impressed. They're probably worth the price that they go for at TK Maxx (around the £70 mark - $110)

6. Frank Davis

Frank Davis Well-Known Member

I wouldn't knock a brand for being stocked at TK Maxx - I get stuff from there all the time.
    I've handled them and wasn't too impressed. They're probably worth the price that they go for at TK Maxx (around the £70 mark - $110)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Well I guess everybody has right to his or her opinion.

Isn't it a democracy on style forum?

7. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

I also think they're rubbish from what I've seen in person.

8. Shoe fetishisisisist

I bought a pair of Whites from Costco for £45, they were of a proper stitched welt construction but the uppers were shocking quality (which at that price is te be expected). I only wanted them for wearing whilst working on the door where they get covered in alcohol/blood/vomit (delete as applicable).

Horses for courses i suppose.

Chris.

9. miurasv

miurasv Senior member

Steve, John White do make some good quality shoes but they also make some absolute tat, best bet is to see a pair in the flesh.

Chris

Hello Chris. DMC?????? How's it going? You must spend a lot of time at John Ian.

I've seen these boots for sale at TK Maxx. I guess they're not anywhere near the standard of Loake Bedale, Grenson Fred etc then.

10. Shoe fetishisisisist

Hello Chris. DMC?????? How's it going? You must spend a lot of time at John Ian. I've seen these boots for sale at TK Maxx. I guess they're not anywhere near the standard of Loake Bedale, Grenson Fred etc then.
    Hit the nail on the head mate, Yeah John Ian is the devil. Small world eh? [​IMG] I don't think John White is as good as the other makers you've mentioned, not many people talk about the brand on here as far as I can see. I'd stick with what you know to keep yourself happy. I Love TK Maxx for the bargains to be had on the clothing there but the shoes are seldom any good, unless as I said before you're looking for a pair of "beaters". Chris.

11. miurasv

miurasv Senior member

Hit the nail on the head mate, Yeah John Ian is the devil. Small world eh? [​IMG]

I don't think John White is as good as the other makers you've mentioned, not many people talk about the brand on here as far as I can see. I'd stick with what you know to keep yourself happy.

I Love TK Maxx for the bargains to be had on the clothing there but the shoes are seldom any good, unless as I said before you're looking for a pair of "beaters".

Chris.

Some great shoes at John Ian. Getting them wide enough to fit me is a problem though. How do you find your Borgioli's? Do they last well? What do you think of the quality?

12. Shoe fetishisisisist

I love my Borgioli's I have a pair thar are completely unworn as I've not really been anywhere to warrant them, the pair I do wear I love though, they are due a new heel and sole now though and finding a cobbler I trust to do the job to a satisfactory standard is the issue. [​IMG]

13. miurasv

miurasv Senior member

I love my Borgioli's I have a pair thar are completely unworn as I've not really been anywhere to warrant them, the pair I do wear I love though, they are due a new heel and sole now though and finding a cobbler I trust to do the job to a satisfactory standard is the issue. [​IMG]

Ask David at John Ian about getting your shoes resoled. He told me he could get them done with the proper Borgioli soles. I hope he wasn't telling me porkies.

14. bsonov

bsonov New Member

hi. did you know anything about this site? how they can be trusted? And as far as the actual problem fake John White shoes? I would like to Oxford and Chelsea of this brand if you can recommend the right web-site?

15. Konk

Konk New Member

I know for a fact these boots are genuine hand welted boots, most Goodyear welted shoe/boots are machine made, these are not so you could say they are not poorly made copies but but a better made advancement. well done John White.