• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John W. Nordstrom Signature Line

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the quality of the John W. Nordstrom Signature line? I picked up a cashmere herringbone sportcoat on clearance yesterday, marked down from $600 to $200. The cashmere and the fit both seem very nice, but I cannot tell if it is fused or half canvassed. Nordstrom was unable to answer and is still "researching" the answer. Anyone know the answer to this question or have experience with the quality of the Signature line?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone? Anyone? Going once, going twice . . .

mdg137

Reaction score
Ive had a couple of the John W. Nordstrom shirts, that were really nice-- MOP buttons, Egyptian cotton, ok stitching. They held up much better than I expected..

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Napoli di Nordstrom is highly underrated

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Napoli di Nordstrom is highly underrated

I see from prior threads the suspicion is that Napoli di Nordstrom is made by Southwick. Anyone know if Southwick is also the one making the John W. Nordstrom signature line?

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nordstrom did not get back to me with any specifics. Here's what I do know regarding quality:

- the jacket was made in the U.S. and has a "Unite Here" tag. (Makes me think Southwick)
- the jacket appears to be fully canvassed, as I can pinch the inside and outside of the jacket below the bottom buttonhole and feel an independent piece of canvas.
- Jacket is 96% cashmere and 4% silk.
- Jacket was originally marked at $600 for Nordstrom, which seems like a pretty good price for a fully canvassed cashmere sportcoat.

sportin_life

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one of their dress shirts. The construction and fabric are high quality.

However, the fit is very traditional and boxy, which is a no go for me. Not sure how their other items are in terms of fit.

1wb

Reaction score
That's not a Southwick tag.

There's no way they are selling a full canvas construction, Southwick-made coat at $600 list. List price on a standard half-canvas Southwick coat would be about $600, however.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That tag looks familiar though; any idea what it could be?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance it is Hart Schaffner Marx? They have done a lot of business with Nordstrom in the past.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any chance it is Hart Schaffner Marx? They have done a lot of business with Nordstrom in the past.

No idea, but one of the reasons I thought it was Southwick was because it fits me identically to Brooks Brothers regent cut. It's been 7 years since I've bought HSM, but HSM has never fit me this well (too boxy).

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one of their dress shirts. The construction and fabric are high quality.
However, the fit is very traditional and boxy, which is a no go for me. Not sure how their other items are in terms of fit.

John W. Nordstrom Trim fit (not tailored fit) is a great fitting shirt. For me, fits the same as BB slim fit but nicer fabric than the BB non-irons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads