• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

john varvatos desert boot sizing question

mikey34

Reaction score
hey guys- about to purchase a pair of john varvatos desert boots, anyone have own a pair of these? I'm all over the place with sizes because I have some damn wide ass feet...... The only shoes I really wear now are chucks which I am a 9.5 in...... any suggestions? Size up or stay true to size? any help is appreciated.

thanks!

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of the JV Mercer boots. I am generally a 9.5 and I had to size down to an 8 so you might want to get an 8-9.

mikey34

Reaction score
jokerman- thanks for the response I appreciate it. I'm gonna go with a 9 and see how it goes. thanks again

jacksonr

Reaction score
I wear 9 in chucks, and for most JV shoes 8.5 fits pretty well, but I need a 9 in a couple of them. I don't have the desert boots though. With wide feet you might want to go same as your converse size though.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own 2 pairs of JV and I sized down a half size from my normal size (for dress shoes) in both. I'm a 9.5 in most dress shoes, and a 9.5 in chucks (10 in most other sneakers), and both of the JV shoes I own are size 9/42.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sized up half a size for my varvatos desert boots and they fit perfect. I love the look of the boots and they feel much better made than the clarks.
Originally Posted by mikey34
hey guys- about to purchase a pair of john varvatos desert boots, anyone have own a pair of these? I'm all over the place with sizes because I have some damn wide ass feet...... The only shoes I really wear now are chucks which I am a 9.5 in...... any suggestions? Size up or stay true to size? any help is appreciated. thanks!

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but does anyone know how the size of a JV convertible boot compares to their boat shoe? I've got a size 10 US boat shoe that fits pretty well, would a 9.5 boot be similar?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are you talking the mainline JV shoes and boots or the ones being sold from Gilt and some of the outlets? I ask because I have a pair of mainline JV shoes and they fit fairly true to size, while the JV Chukka boots I bought from Gilt run about 1/2 a size big. What's funny is Gilt actually says they run SMALL, but trust me they don't.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I mean these:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=50673
2654476820077700295S500x500Q85.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads