1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

John Mayer

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by fairholme_wannabe, Feb 11, 2010.

1. uristocrat

uristocrat Well-Known Member

I think some of his comments were a little over the top but I think the point he was trying to make was that even as a artist, he still is subject to the whims and thoughts of some us "regular" people. His comments about black women are especially indicative of today's culture. Some people i know were really upset about that comment (I'm a black male btw) because they seemed to think it was racist. Is he really racist or just doing what the rest of us do? interracial relationships are a minority so is the rest of the world not in one racist as well?

I don't know... Just my thoughts..

one of my writers for my site wrote on the subject as well.. I don't agree with all of his points but its another perspective..

John Mayer's Stupid Mouth: Where He Went Wrong and How He Can Make it Right
    http://uristocrat.com/2010/02/john-m...make-it-right/