1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Lofgren & Co. / Speedway: the Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Kashiwa, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

No, I don't think so. And, actually, Mushman's doesn't even carry Cushman. Harvey Mushman is the alias that Steve McQueen used to race under.

http://theselvedgeyard.wordpress.co...en-aka-harvey-mushman-rides-again-vintage-si/

Cushman is a very good brand, FWIW. John Lofgren carries quite a few of their products.....

PSA: John Lofgren is now offering pre-orders for a May delivery of his engineers in either black or brown CXL. And now in half sizes, and (with the weak yen) at much less cost for ye gaijins.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/speedway-shop/lk-003/

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  2. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

3. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

4. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

This isn't helping. I'm already having a hard time deciding between the two[​IMG]
    What type of fabric did they use for the Ashida shirt? I think it mentions something about a type of traditional material from Hiroshima?

5. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

6. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

7. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Look forward to pics of the Ashida shirt! It looks brilliant!

If anyone is interested in Lofgren Engineers in size 13, John as agreed to do a size 13 last, if he can get at least 3 orders.

8. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

How do they run compared to Whites? I`m a UK 8.5, Whites 9, and otherwise a US 9.5. I`ve heard they are a little wide, but how`s the length fit compared to other sizes? Any place in japan to give them a try on?

9. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

I asked Speedway and they told me they currently have no stockists in Tokyo. Might want to send them an email for other areas.

10. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

Received the Ashida shirt last night, very nice! Will post fit pics when I get home.

11. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Awesome Ruffy D. Looking forward to the pics!

Daizawaguy, if you go up to Mushmans in minami-koshigaya, Fujita-san would probably let you try on his boots. I think he's a size 9. You could call and ask him first, I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

http://mushmans.com/

Also, I think John is also offering Badalassi again, but I'm not sure about that.

12. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

The color of the Ashida shirt is a taupe/grey color. Sleeves are slightly longer and shoulder a bit more narrow than the green chambray work shirt.
    Overall, very interesting fabric although it does feel a bit rough, hopefully that will sort itself out after a few wears.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

Awesome shirt Ruffy D! Thanks for posting pics.

14. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

That`s a great shirt. Can someone explain the threads at the side, and the reason or history? Thanks

15. Kashiwa

Kashiwa Senior member

I dunno, but those threads are very common on most work shirts.

RuffyD, where are you? HK? Singapore?

16. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

17. RuffyD

RuffyD Senior member

I'd like to try some Lofgren pants next time, hopefully John makes something similar to the Freewheelers overalls but at a lower pricepoint.

18. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

19. kiya

kiya Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Introducing Japan's John Lofgren & Co. - T-Shirts, Caps, & Hats

It's not often we add a new brand to our roster as we feel that we'd rather go deeper into the brands we carry as opposed to carrying a smattering of products across a wide range of brands. There is a brand that we've been watching for years, a brand that has thus far mostly sold to the most die-hard vintage clothing connoisseurs. That brand is Japan's John Lofgren & Company.

We'd like to introduce this brand with a set of very special t-shirts, two watch caps, and two hats. The t-shirts are quite literally perfect, from the fabric to the fit they've nailed the classic striped tee. The A-4 watch caps are available in both black and olive with minimal interior Lofgren labeling. And lastly we have a reversible bucket cap and a black nelson cap.

We've got a lot of information on each of these items on their product pages, check the appropriate page for full spec lists and lots more information.

Read more about John Lofgren & Co. or Shop Online

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. chrisseter1

chrisseter1 New Member

Anybody know where I can order John Lofgren boots in the U.S.? I am in New York City...

Thanks.

Chris