• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

john lobb spoof email: Grand Opening, the John Lobb Online boutique

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received an email today with the title: "Grand Opening, the John Lobb Online boutique" with some pictures of belts and shoes. Examination of the links in the email show they do not lead to John Lobb.

If you receive this email, do not click on the any of the links, just delete it.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ So you posted their links here???
plain.gif

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
^^^ So you posted their links here???
plain.gif

Just for illustrative purposes. Should I edit them out? I don't see the harm.

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did sign up.

If you put ems6.net in to the address field on your browser it redirects to the Experian site.

I'm actually a little surprised that John Lobb and/or Experian would Spam.

vinouspleasure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, me too, perhaps I'm wrong...but if they are sending legit email on behalf of lobb, choosing a bulk mailer associated with spamming is a poor choice.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC
I got the same email and it led to an online boutique.

http://us.estore.johnlobb.com/

Of course it was set up by an email marketing firm, so the links in the email redirected to the store.

Here is the marketing firm:

http://www.experian-cheetahmail.fr/

Cheetahmail is a known email marketing company. The struggle with these companies is that people end up thinking their stuff is spam, or IT folks see large volumes of email getting sent from their servers, so their domains get stuck into email blackhole lists.

I'm surprised they just sent out an email about this store... I stumbled upon it accidentally a few weeks ago when I went to the Lobb site.

Drydis Greis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by vinouspleasure
I received an email today with the title: "Grand Opening, the John Lobb Online boutique" with some pictures of belts and shoes. Examination of the links in the email show they do not lead to John Lobb.

If you receive this email, do not click on the any of the links, just delete it.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=132581

The site has been running for around two months now.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i'm depressed i wasn't invited. i'm such a smalltimer...

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They always finish inviting you when you didn't buy anything for a long time..

I was also invited to the jermyn street premieres but I never went living nearly 100 miles away from the capital..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics