• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Lobb Shoe Fit:

glowell222

Reaction score
What does a JLP 10.0 EE equate to in US sizing on the 8000 last? Thanks.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by glowell222
What does a JLP 10.0 EE equate to in US sizing on the 8000 last? Thanks.
Euro 10E on the JL 8000 last is the same as US 11D, based on my experience with 3 pairs on that last. Thus, I'd assume 10EE is the equivalent of US 11E.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Euro 10E on the JL 8000 last is the same as US 11D, based on my experience with 3 pairs on that last. Thus, I'd assume 10EE is the equivalent of US 11E.

Agreed.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Style Guru
Are you sure that's an English sizing, the EE? Rarely you'll see an E+ but it's uncommon so I'll assume you mean E. An English 10 E would be a US 10.5 C. An English F is a US D (medium) You may find some English G's for wider feet but they're a US E. Not many wealthier men who buy these expensive shoes have wide feet so you maily have medium and slimmer widths. If the shoe was made for the US market then the size there, 10EE, would be a US 10 in a wide EE width.
English width sizing is all over the map. A JL E does not fit like a US C. I have JL 9 Ds on the 7000 last, they fit like a narrow US 1O D. The Es fit like a slightly wide D according to most who have the shoes. As to length, some English shoes you size down one whole size, with others size down 1/2. It all depends on the maker and the last. EDIT: And, oh hai Petrus!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KObalto
A JL E does not fit like a US C.
+1. My normal US size is 11D and all of my JLs (9 pairs) are Euro 10E on several different lasts, and fit me perfectly.

Gordon Geeko

Reaction score
Actually, the John Lobb E is indeed the rough equivalent of a US D. see link below for sizing chart. Ditto for C&J. With some other makers the F is a US D, but not with Lobb. http://us.estore.johnlobb.com/popup/shoes.html
You're incorrect and I also suggest you get your feet measured professionally first since 90% of the guys on here are wearing the wrong size. And I've had almost every shoe you can imagine so I know the sizing well. http://www.brogueshoes.co.uk/Shoe_Size_Chart.html Herring has the sizes correct too and the widths are correct but for some reason someone messed up the US equivalents which are obviously wrong. I mentioned this to Adrian and hope he fixes it. But as you can see an E is a US C and an F is a US D http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/faq.php#2

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're incorrect and I also suggest you get your feet measured professionally first since 90% of the guys on here are wearing the wrong size. And I've had almost every shoe you can imagine so I know the sizing well.

Originally Posted by Gordon Geeko
Actually, the John Lobb E is indeed the rough equivalent of a US D. see link below for sizing chart. Ditto for C&J. With some other makers the F is a US D, but not with Lobb.

http://us.estore.johnlobb.com/popup/shoes.html

Gotcha, SG, Lobb is wrong about their sizing and you are right. Thanks for clearing that up.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You're telling me that you bought 9 pairs of Lobbs? Or was that 9 pairs of used stretched out Lobb's from ebay at $50 a shoe?
lol8[1].gif

I've accumulated 9 pairs of Lobbs over a period of time purchased mostly from Lobb and NM. I don't buy used shoes.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You mean English not Euro. And how do you know your correct size is 11D? Many places Including BB satelite stores only carry a D width(NYC store carries all) so perhaps you just got into the habit of buying medium (D) width shoes when in fact a C would have been a better fit.
And btw, these little anecdotal stories mean nothing because we may not be comparing apples with apples.

Dude, I know my size and buy what fits me. YMMV.

rebel222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you sure that's an English sizing, the EE? Rarely you'll see an E+ but it's uncommon so I'll assume you mean E.
An English 10 E would be a US 10.5 C. An English F is a US D (medium) You may find some English G's for wider feet but they're a US E.
Not many wealthier men who buy these expensive shoes have wide feet so you maily have medium and slimmer widths.
If the shoe was made for the US market then the size there, 10EE, would be a US 10 in a wide EE width.

You're incorrect and I also suggest you get your feet measured professionally first since 90% of the guys on here are wearing the wrong size. And I've had almost every shoe you can imagine so I know the sizing well.
http://www.brogueshoes.co.uk/Shoe_Size_Chart.html

Herring has the sizes correct too and the widths are correct but for some reason someone messed up the US equivalents which are obviously wrong. I mentioned this to Adrian and hope he fixes it. But as you can see an E is a US C and an F is a US D
http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/faq.php#2

You mean English not Euro. And how do you know your correct size is 11D? Many places Including BB satelite stores only carry a D width(NYC store carries all) so perhaps you just got into the habit of buying medium (D) width shoes when in fact a C would have been a better fit.
And btw, these little anecdotal stories mean nothing because we may not be comparing apples with apples.

You're telling me that you bought 9 pairs of Lobbs? Or was that 9 pairs of used stretched out Lobb's from ebay at $50 a shoe?
lol8[1].gif

I would NOT rely on any of this advice.

Aldehyde

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
I would NOT rely on any of this advice.

Really, because wealthy men don't have wide feet. Proven fact. Anyone who spouts that kind of iron-clad truth must be a completely reliable source of information.

Claus

Reaction score
As far as I could research the issue, a new last is created in a certain size -- usually the most common one. Depending on the default sizing system, that's (US) 9 D, (EU) 42 and probably (UK) 8 E (or F, or 5, or whatever the default width designation is for the maker).

However, there are no absolute rules for the maker of the master last to obey to.

The master last is then scaled up and down according to certain rules, to create the lasts for all other sizes and width combinations.

Therefore, the width designation says nothing about the absolute ball girth or width.

It's just labeling the difference from the absolute width of the master last, which can be nearly anything. In other words, its just a so-called ordinal scale: All you can say is that A < B < C < D < E for a particular last made in the US system (and D < E < F < G < H for a particular last made in the UK system).

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
+1. My normal US size is 11D and all of my JLs (9 pairs) are Euro 10E on several different lasts, and fit me perfectly.

I'm an 11D in us. My JLs are a 10E on the 7000 last, and fit perfect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads