• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Lobb Paris

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is John Lobb Paris as friendly as EG when it comes to ordering shoes with slight modifications from their Prestige RTW line? Also, does purchasing JL Paris work just like EG: order any shoe on any last? Can Neiman Marcus place such an order? What's the wait time and expected price for JL Paris Prestige RTW or MTO? What JLP lasts are similar to 888, 82, and 89 from EG? My birthday's coming up and all my monetary gifts plus my gift to myself may fit a pair into my budget, and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. Thanks for your info.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, and does JL Paris offer a refurbishing/refinishing service similar to what EG has?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You can specify colors for their Prestige models but they won't accept elemental modifications such as making a different vamp.

Neiman Marcus has Lobb trunk shows where from experience seems to be the only time to order such things. The 8000 is fairly similar as it has a somewhat chiseled toe.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Neiman Marcus has Lobb trunk shows where from experience seems to be the only time to order such things. The 8000 is fairly similar as it has a somewhat chiseled toe.

Any idea when they're coming to Beverly Hills? The Naseby is calling my name.

Duveen

Reaction score
One note on my experience with JL Paris shoes - the heels tend to be somewhat wide on me - more so than EG shoes. This, along with their somewhat unusual/non-standard sizing increases the risk of poor fit if you don't try the shoe on first.

I own two pairs of JL (Jermyn II and Vintage 2004) and while I like both shoes a lot and do wear them, fit issues are likely to keep me from buying others.

YMMV on the fit specifics, but if I were you I would make a point of trying on several sizes to be sure that you get the right one - if you are a non-standard size in JL, you may want to try to coordinate this with the person organizing the JL trunk show. Alternately, stop by the JL Paris boutique in NYC (or in Freedom...)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads