John Lobb Paris

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hopkins_student, May 31, 2006.

1. hopkins_student

hopkins_student Senior member

Is John Lobb Paris as friendly as EG when it comes to ordering shoes with slight modifications from their Prestige RTW line? Also, does purchasing JL Paris work just like EG: order any shoe on any last? Can Neiman Marcus place such an order? What's the wait time and expected price for JL Paris Prestige RTW or MTO? What JLP lasts are similar to 888, 82, and 89 from EG? My birthday's coming up and all my monetary gifts plus my gift to myself may fit a pair into my budget, and I'm thinking about pulling the trigger. Thanks for your info.

2. hopkins_student

Oh, and does JL Paris offer a refurbishing/refinishing service similar to what EG has?

3. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

You can specify colors for their Prestige models but they won't accept elemental modifications such as making a different vamp.

Neiman Marcus has Lobb trunk shows where from experience seems to be the only time to order such things. The 8000 is fairly similar as it has a somewhat chiseled toe.

4. hopkins_student

Neiman Marcus has Lobb trunk shows where from experience seems to be the only time to order such things. The 8000 is fairly similar as it has a somewhat chiseled toe.

Any idea when they're coming to Beverly Hills? The Naseby is calling my name.

5. Duveen

Duveen Senior member

One note on my experience with JL Paris shoes - the heels tend to be somewhat wide on me - more so than EG shoes. This, along with their somewhat unusual/non-standard sizing increases the risk of poor fit if you don't try the shoe on first.

I own two pairs of JL (Jermyn II and Vintage 2004) and while I like both shoes a lot and do wear them, fit issues are likely to keep me from buying others.

YMMV on the fit specifics, but if I were you I would make a point of trying on several sizes to be sure that you get the right one - if you are a non-standard size in JL, you may want to try to coordinate this with the person organizing the JL trunk show. Alternately, stop by the JL Paris boutique in NYC (or in Freedom...)

6. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member