1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Lobb on eBay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kronik, May 19, 2006.

1. kronik

kronik Senior member

Here

Are these worth 650? Would I be better off waiting for the EG sale or another Sky Valet trunk show?

I like the color and the antiquing.. and I need a dark pair of dress shoes that are versatile.

2. timekeeping

timekeeping Well-Known Member

These Lobbs are the real thing, not seconds or rejects (this seller will note the inside of the shoe is stamped "R" if they are rejects/seconds). I think they are not terrific value but does represent a sizable discount to retail.

It appears the auction has ended anyway. So I guess it's a moot point now.

3. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

A resounding yes from me! They are exquisite and if they were my size, well then we'd be fighting for them. I have the Garnier II in plum calf and the color is drop-dead gorgeous.

Here

Are these worth 650? Would I be better off waiting for the EG sale or another Sky Valet trunk show?

I like the color and the antiquing.. and I need a dark pair of dress shoes that are versatile.

4. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

What I find interesting is in that auctions link "similar items from all ebay sellers" this pops up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...SI_PR4_PCN_BIX

aportnoy, given their similarity to Lobb's, at least according to ebay's software, you must own a pair of these, correct?

5. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

What I find interesting is in that auctions link "similar items from all ebay sellers" this pops up:

aportnoy, given their similarity to Lobb's, at least according to ebay's software, you must own a pair of these, correct?

Damn Ed, now everyone's going to be gunning after my source. KitonBrioni turned me onto this right before he disappeared.

6. kronik

kronik Senior member

Those have got to be, undoubtedly, one of the ugliest pairs of shoes I've ever seen.

7. thinman

thinman Senior member

Those have got to be, undoubtedly, one of the ugliest pairs of shoes I've ever seen.

But I can see the similarity with Lobb shoes. The both have soles, uppers, laces...

8. kronik

kronik Senior member

But I can see the similarity with Lobb shoes. The both have soles, uppers, laces...

And they're shoes ....

Sort of.