• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

John Lobb Northampton

CHITON

Reaction score
Hi,

I am going to the John Lobb outlet in Northampton soon and I have the following questions:
1) What is the best way to go from Luton airport to Northampton?
2) Do they accept credit or debit cards? If yes, which ones (i.e. Visa, AMEX etc.)?

Thank you for your help and time.

GucciKid

Reaction score
I will hopefully be visiting this summer. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts after your visit.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CHITON
I am going to the John Lobb outlet in Northampton soon and I have the following questions:
2) Do they accept credit or debit cards? If yes, which ones (i.e. Visa, AMEX etc.)?

1 Hire car with sat nav.
2 Yes - Visa and Mastercard plus maybe others.

adagio

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for your help and time.

Travel options other than hire car from Luton to Euston Railway Station:
http://www.londontoolkit.com/accommo..._transfers.htm

then train from Euston to Northampton
https://www.raileasy.co.uk/go/home?c...le.defaultmain

The JL factory takes Amex also.

MLIW

Reaction score
MEX should be fine
MAstercard and visa are the standards in the UK

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to go from Luton airport to Northampton?
You can take the train from Luton to Milton Keynes Central and then transfer to the train to Northampton. It's pretty easy to plan a trip using the National Rail web site: http://nationalrail.co.uk/ Going through Euston from Luton makes no sense. You are going 30 minutes in the opposite direction to catch a train that takes you right back to where you started from. You can get a cab at the Northampton station and take the 5 minute ride to the factory. There are plenty of direct trains back into London as well.
Originally Posted by GucciKid
I will hopefully be visiting this summer. Would be interested in hearing your thoughts after your visit.
There are numerous posts on here, including some by myself, about trips to Northampton.

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A car hire for one day ex Luton airport is about £50 (basic). The journey is what 30 minutes each way? It is some way to the station at both Luton and Northampton and what would you estimate the journey time by bus-train-train-bus, including waiting at stations and bus-stops?

If you are gong to buy some £200-300 shoes you can probably afford the difference if any between the cost of a car hire and all those busses and trains.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood
A car hire for one day ex Luton airport is about £50 (basic). The journey is what 30 minutes each way? It is some way to the station at both Luton and Northampton and what would you estimate the journey time by bus-train-train-bus, including waiting at stations and bus-stops?

If you are gong to buy some £200-300 shoes you can probably afford the difference if any between the cost of a car hire and all those busses and trains.

I've both driven and taken the train to Northampton from London. I found taking the train much quicker, as driving in and out of London takes far too long. However, if you are coming from Luton, you're already halfway to Northampton and don't have the traffic to deal with. Having a car was also nice for going between Lobb and C&J. You can walk between the two factories. It's about a mile. However, if you've got some loot from Lobb, driving is better.

CHITON

Reaction score
Originally Posted by culverwood

I agree with your reasoning but the only problem is that I have never driven on the "wrong" side of the road and I am worried that I might cause an accident
smile.gif

Also, I would like to thank everyone for the helpful information.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with your reasoning but the only problem is that I have never driven on the "wrong" side of the road and I am worried that I might cause an accident
smile.gif

Also, I would like to thank everyone for the helpful information.

Just take the train and cabs to and from the station. It's a lot less hassle than worrying about driving and directions. It's cheap, quick, and convenient.

Pengranger

Reaction score
Once you get to JLP, they should be able to give you a map to show you how to get to C&J and Trickers.

C&J are only open Friday PM and Saturday AM. Trickers are open Monday-Friday. You may also be able to make an appointment at Edward Green.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics