• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

JOHN LOBB "LORD" any opinions?

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i just purchased a pair on ebay for $140 does anyone own these shoes? if so,are they wearable for outdoor use and are you happy with them,i assume it was a good buy fo the price. i humbly await the shoe gods' replies.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Aren't these house slippers? I can't imagine wearing them outside.

eddievddr10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
naw i'm just a foot soldier for the genovese. .........but they seem like they have normal shoe bottoms

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I bought a pair of green Lord's the other day from eBay (probably from the same vendor as you, he has loads of sizes). Warning - these run VERY small! I had to exchange them for a larger size, which just arrived today. Get at least 1/2 a size bigger than normal and consider a full size up. I settled for 1/2 a size up on the exchange and think it's OK, but YMMV.

They're technically house slippers in my opinion, but I'm also considering wearing them with black tie, just for kicks!

(/waits for combined onslaught of the black tie purists!)

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice. I have worn them outside with jeans or looser trousers that taper somewhat - as they are quite sleek, it's rather a "feminine" look but reminiscent, I think, or court shoes and the like. The authoritative sound of the hard black soles is amazing.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
... reminiscent, I think, or court shoes and the like.

Exactly my thoughts on purchase, which is why I think it's not too bizarre to want to wear them with black tie.

PS, if anyone's reading this, wondering what they look like, here's a quick photo, borrowed from eBay but transferred to my own hosting so as not to steal bandwidth. If the original seller objects to my use of the image, please say so and I'll remove it with pleasure. They're just a better pic than I could hope to take!

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, if your initials are JL like mine thankfully are, they are a inexpensive way to get monogrammed slippers.

Connemara

[URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']
Reaction score
$140? Seems like one hell of a bargain.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want to wear mine Saturday with black tie, but it's raining in New York and they are suede.
I had my outfit all planned too. It will have to be standard old patent lace ups.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was able to wear them after all.

Earthmover

Reaction score
Are you rockin' the Dunheel, zjpj? I love that jacket pattern; more so since I own that fabric in a regular suit.

seanandnik

Reaction score
I bought a black pair off this same ebayer and they have regular hard leather soles and heels and are perfect for wearing outdoors. on the contrary, I couldn't imagine wearing these indoors as "slippers" As I hope you know these shoes from this seller are factoey "rejects" or "seconds" but I defy you to finf=d the defect. I have looked and looked but to no avail.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 110 33.7%
  • 8”

Votes: 96 29.4%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 11.0%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.1%