• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

john lobb in hk?

litho

Reaction score
Hi there, I saw in the sales section there is a john lobb in hong kong? I could not find them in central hong kong

where can i buy them? Also, how much would they cost? can you recommend nice shoes in a USD$500-700 range?

There seem to be sales going on in landmark, havent checked out ifc2 yet

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think it's right next to the old Mandarin Oriental. IFC Mall's Lane Crawford carry JL as well. For $500-700, your other possibility is Tassels at the bottom of Wyndham St. (http://tassels.com.hk/) or the various MTO folks in HK like Zee's. Oh, and also JM Weston in the IFC as well.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Their shop are located at G/F of Mandarin, just oppsite of Prince's building. You can also found it in Lane Carwford.

Around 8k-12k HKD.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
and also at the airport

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You won't get Lobbs for that in HK, they were about 12000HKD and not on sale at Lane Crawford at the weekend. I don't know if they'll be on sale in their own boutique or at the airport, but it seems unlikely. For your price range hit the sales at LC and Seibu, you'll find Santonis for that price, and other 'lesser' brands for less. JM Weston is pricey too, and I didn't see them on sale at the IFC.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they were apparently up to 60% off during the cash sale frenzy at LC a few weeks back. Lobbs at ~5000 hkd and less.
smile.gif
Or at least that's what my friend told me...................on the last day of the sale no less.
frown.gif

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Some one please tell me when John Lobb, JM Weston or Tassels are on sale!

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Tassels is on their private sale now.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball
I think Tassels is on their private sale now.

I think that I got the email, but EGs aren't on sale, right?

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The email says discontinued models on sale? including EG's? never got to look at it!!! Someone please go and check
biggrin.gif

litho

Reaction score
I will check out IFC2 and LC and report shoe sales tomorrow.

I don't know much about high quality shoes (only just started to pay attention to them), so maybe someone else with a better memory of names might do the same!

I'm loving the shops here... I havent been here for a few years. Landmark is flipping amazing

Where is Zee's and how long do they take to make shoes?

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
You won't get Lobbs for that in HK, they were about 12000HKD and not on sale at Lane Crawford at the weekend. I don't know if they'll be on sale in their own boutique or at the airport, but it seems unlikely. For your price range hit the sales at LC and Seibu, you'll find Santonis for that price, and other 'lesser' brands for less. JM Weston is pricey too, and I didn't see them on sale at the IFC.

LC Pacific Place has the Santoni Limited Editions on sale!!! These were the only Santoni's NOT to be discounted last year. I guess times are getting tough. I think they were about HKD5,000 down from HK$8,500 from memory. Which is not a bad price considering the goodyear construction and unique finish of the Santoni limited edition.

Originally Posted by Toiletduck
they were apparently up to 60% off during the cash sale frenzy at LC a few weeks back.

Lobbs at ~5000 hkd and less.
smile.gif

Or at least that's what my friend told me...................on the last day of the sale no less.
frown.gif

I am not sure if that is true. I have yet to see Lobbs on sale anywhere but at the JL store at the Mandarin Oriental, and even then the selection is limited. If they were, good for those who scored the bargain.
worship.gif
I must be out of the sales loop.

Originally Posted by yfyf
I think during sales, JM Weston drops to about 4k. Also Tassels should be on sale pretty soon?

Same with JM Weston, the sale models are normally stuff they can't move. Weston's retail for HK$8,900. For the price of Weston, I'd rather get G&G's given the current exchange rate, or about HK$6,500 with a mahogany shoe tree to boot (no pun intended).

litho

Reaction score
where exactly is Santoni in pacific place? I won't have time tomorrow to look around the whole of PP, but always grab a grEAT sandwhich!

gazman70k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by litho
where exactly is Santoni in pacific place? I won't have time tomorrow to look around the whole of PP, but always grab a grEAT sandwhich!

Are you serious? It is located at the sushi section of GrEAT Food Hall between the freshwater yabbies and seaweed salad. Alternatively, dial the concierge service on your Vertu.
boxing[1].gif

Gaz

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads