• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WilYa

Reaction score
The first JLSJ bespoke that looks attractive to me.
View attachment 1204762
After a professional restoration:
IMG_20190902_151831.jpg

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys! If you were to grab your first pair of John Lobb's and there's only Lopez or William, which one would you pick?

Also, can't find a lot of info regarding the sizing, will try them on Wednesday but I wear for reference: 9.5 UK in Carmina Rain, Inca and Uetam; in C&J 348 E; in Loake Capital.

papado

Reaction score
Hey guys! If you were to grab your first pair of John Lobb's and there's only Lopez or William, which one would you pick?

Also, can't find a lot of info regarding the sizing, will try them on Wednesday but I wear for reference: 9.5 UK in Carmina Rain, Inca and Uetam; in C&J 348 E; in Loake Capital.

Your C&J size should be the right one (e.g. I'm US 11D; 10E UK in John Lobb). I'm more of a fan of the phlip ii double monk as opposed to williams ii, so I'd say try and see if the Lopez works for you!

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beckett would be my Premiership choice, though Lopez is also a great shoe.
Not a fan of the William. I would go for Vale or Chapel ( esp if you can find them for less than retail)..

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your C&J size should be the right one (e.g. I'm US 11D; 10E UK in John Lobb). I'm more of a fan of the phlip ii double monk as opposed to williams ii, so I'd say try and see if the Lopez works for you!
Beckett would be my Premiership choice, though Lopez is also a great shoe.
Not a fan of the William. I would go for Vale or Chapel ( esp if you can find them for less than retail)..
With the choice between William or Lopez, I’d go with the William.
Thanks guys! There will be an event in a store here so I think it will be a good time to try something like John Lobb. They usually have those models in stock but maybe they will have available some others. I will be like an MTO program. Will search for those models to see which one would be a nice choose too.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except for the Saint Crépin shoes, nearly every model is available as an MTO.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I find the sizing in length to be similar to CJ and Carmina.

I would choose william over Lopez because I’m more of a monk than loafer guy, but they’re both classics and can be dressed down pretty well. They can both go from coat and tie (maybe not suit) to chinos and casual pants pretty easily.

The Chappell’s and Phillips are beautiful but more formal. Depends on what outfits you need to compliment and what fits best of course.

Good luck!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find the sizing in length to be similar to CJ and Carmina.

I would choose william over Lopez because I’m more of a monk than loafer guy, but they’re both classics and can be dressed down pretty well. They can both go from coat and tie (maybe not suit) to chinos and casual pants pretty easily.

The Chappell’s and Phillips are beautiful but more formal. Depends on what outfits you need to compliment and what fits best of course.

Good luck!
Thanks mate! Will see tomorrow which models they have. But my guess is that with those 4 models on the table, none is a bad choice hehe.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chapel and Beckett are more expensive since those are prestige models. My preference of the 4 you mentioned would be the Chapel. I own this in dark brown museum calf. I don't own any of the others.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Coming back from the event Silver Deer hosted, went with the William II in plum museum calf. Delivery is expected around December hehe so I will share some pics of the event in the meantime. Had a chat with David Berrios, great guy with a lot of knowledge and years of experience in the shoe world. Had a great time!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming back from the event Silver Deer hosted, went with the William II in plum museum calf. Delivery is expected around December hehe so I will share some pics of the event in the meantime. Had a chat with David Berrios, great guy with a lot of knowledge and years of experience in the shoe world. Had a great time!
David is a good guy. I've met him a few times and he knows me IRL. He's a big shoe guy and you usually don't get to talk to them IRL since there aren't many of us around.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads