• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How significant are the irregularities for their seconds? I hear places like C&J can be pretty noticeable.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It really depends,

sometime it is a highly visible machine mark, sometimes it is a bad stitch ..

jamiemcp

Reaction score
How significant are the irregularities for their seconds? I hear places like C&J can be pretty noticeable.
I've got a pair of boots, not sure if it was a second, but I got 10% off as there was a small mark on the toe cap, to be honest I hadnt even notticed it.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank You goodlensboy, I always enjoy watching your "tutorial" of shoe care, one of the reason I was confident buying the JL shoes. The leather patina is really hard to catch on the camera, so I can honestly say that color on the photo doesn't look quite the same as in real life, it feels a bit "lifeless" in this photo .. it is really hard making the decision when buying the JL based solely on the web photos.

Thank you too Cerutti, I really like your Bespoke Naples suit thread, and I am preparing for my first double breasted bespoke suit at Mr. Pirozzi in Naples.
But the picture makes it just as well. Do not worry. To me it lacks a moccasin like yours. But for now I already have a bespoke program.

Thanks for the compliments on my dress Pirozzi. You'll see that with his double-breasted you feel like a king. And when you walk down the street you can see them all. I say this because just today I noticed this on the streets of Milan.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get the discount in the Official JL Boutique or their Factory Shop in Northampton, UK?

I didnt know JL sells defected shoes in their boutique if that is the case, they should have been returned to the factory shop and sold as Rejects. And the Factory shop doesn't approve any more discount on top of their Rejected prices ..

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To whom it may concern ..

I know how hard it was for me to find the difference between the Parisian Brown Museum and Black Misty when lurking the web, so here it is side-by-side, for any future JL buyers.. I think photo shows similar feeling I have when looking them with my naked eye on a day light ..

I am targeting my next loafers - Truro Tassel in Dark Brown Misty, think it would be a nice addition for Spring/ Summer casual city walks ..

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To whom it may concern ..

I know how hard it was for me to find the difference between the Parisian Brown Museum and Black Misty when lurking the web, so here it is side-by-side, for any future JL buyers.. I think photo shows similar feeling I have when looking them with my naked eye on a day light ..

I am targeting my next loafers - Truro Tassel in Dark Brown Misty, think it would be a nice addition for Spring/ Summer casual city walks ..

These photos are much more beautiful ... congratulations.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Last night

MoosicPa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does JL use shell cordovan in the make-up of their shoes? I've never seen a Lobb in shell, and was wondering if anyone has? Their WilliamII boots would look great in a navy shell.

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
They just get more and more comfortable!!

My boots, bought in 2012 from St.James

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads