• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Cettire having a sale on JLs? The Chapel, William, Lopez and Phillip are all too cheap to believe. I'm seeing 950 dollars for the Phillip II.

JustPullHarder

Reaction score
Is Cettire having a sale on JLs? The Chapel, William, Lopez and Phillip are all too cheap to believe. I'm seeing 950 dollars for the Phillip II.
I got a pair of William from Italist last year for less than $700. I imagine a lot of retailers in Italy are sitting on stock they haven't been able to move but had to take on to fulfil MOQs

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased from Cettire?
great pricing, however the reviews are shocking....

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone purchased from Cettire?
great pricing, however the reviews are shocking....
I’m willing to take a stab at it … I’ve been looking at the PHILLIP and Chapel. Although I think Chapel will get far fewer wears so maybe just go with Oxford …

Deeky

Reaction score
The dark brown Chapels look amazing. But the reviews =/

Professor Χάος

Reaction score

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

I own 3 JL, and I saw this on ebay. However, there is no JL brand anywhere on this shoe. Is this fake?

They could have been a sample produced / custom order. Look like the Jermyn

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Gentlemen,

I own 3 JL, and I saw this on ebay. However, there is no JL brand anywhere on this shoe. Is this fake?

It’s there it just got rubbed out - My guess is an outlet store had it or someone donated it to a thrift shop - not uncommon for people to cut off brand tags or try to hide designers on things they donate. Not sure but I think that seller may be active on here. But no not fake.

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
It’s there it just got rubbed out - My guess is an outlet store had it or someone donated it to a thrift shop - not uncommon for people to cut off brand tags or try to hide designers on things they donate. Not sure but I think that seller may be active on here. But no not fake.

Yeah...it looks real....who would go to the trouble of faking a JL and doing such a good job of it?

However, I prefer the 8000 last to the 7000.

Biogentic

Reaction score
you mind to share what size u ordered?
I ordered a pair of the Philip II and Lopez from the sale at Cettire and should have them next week--I don't doubt they're legit but can confirm any experiences/questions one may have

sforum1

Reaction score
Thanks. Jermyn II or Jermyn III? The inside markings have been rubbed off, but it looks like a 7000 last.
Why have the markings been rubbed off? Could it be that they were the wrong size printed?

In which case the seller has to estimate what the true size is?

Professor Χάος

Reaction score
Why have the markings been rubbed off? Could it be that they were the wrong size printed?

I don't know, but he's selling several pairs of JL shoes with the same issue, so I'm guessing they're floor samples.
You can barely make out the 10 1/2 markings on the inside.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Think people are over thinking it. Outlet stores do that with a lot of items so they can’t be returned somewhere. On suits they’ll take a marker to the name tag and draw a black line through it. People who donate items to thrift stores debrand items and hide what it is from flippers. It’s pretty common.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads