• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

coldbrew

Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Lopez in dark brown museum calf. Was tossing between the museum calf and the misty calf. Has anyone had any experience with the Medium vs Heavy weight in both leathers?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a pair of Lopez in dark brown museum calf. Was tossing between the museum calf and the misty calf. Has anyone had any experience with the Medium vs Heavy weight in both leathers?
When I spoke with Paul Wilson on ordering bespoke he said to always go heavy. It doesn’t crease as easily but I can’t really tell a difference.

coldbrew

Reaction score
When I spoke with Paul Wilson on ordering bespoke he said to always go heavy. It doesn’t crease as easily but I can’t really tell a difference.
I assume all the stock museum ones are medium weight?

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pics or didn’t happened! :lol:

F9648ED1-F9DB-49B1-9E80-C4451C7716CF.jpeg

And the Lopez also for my days that i dont go full out formal (which is everyday now ?)

7650BE44-DB3C-447D-A783-B29F9652A614.jpeg

Love the Strands.Next on on my hit list is the dark brown museum Chapels,Strands and Lopez (in that order)

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hadn’t realised the strands are a balmoral. May make a nice MTO.

ovlov

Reaction score
Damnit! I was all psyched up to join the John Lobb fan club, and then my first pair arrived from Italist like this...
Any ever seen anything like this before on theirs or any new shoe? Not sure of it should be a strike against the vendor or JL for letting these out of the factory in the first place :(

Attachments

• 20200804_114007.jpg
    20200804_114007.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 20200804_114001.jpg
    20200804_114001.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 92

sforum1

Reaction score
Damnit! I was all psyched up to join the John Lobb fan club, and then my first pair arrived from Italist like this...
Any ever seen anything like this before on theirs or any new shoe? Not sure of it should be a strike against the vendor or JL for letting these out of the factory in the first place :(
JL is garbage (always relative to price). You ask if I've seen anything like this before? I've seen much worse. I would tell you if you paid $500-600 for them it's ok, but is it?

There is nothing I hate more than this. People paying a fortune to buy a pair of JL and then act like they are being disappointed. People like me have been wanting to warn people and make them aware that JL is not what they think it is, simply judging by the price tag. This is called helping people like yourself make smart decisions with their hard-earned money. And you have some babies who will jump in and attack us saying things to the effect "this is a JL appreciation forum, which means we are here to talk about how great JL shoes are. And stop even talking about the price, the price is what it is and the reason you say they are overpriced like nothing else is because you are a loser and you can't afford them. Now go and buy yourself a pair of Kenneth Cole (are they still around??) from Macys.'

And then after that you have people who go and pay $2500 to buy a pair and then they come here and ask 'Is a pair that just cost me $2500 supposed to wrinkle like that? Or is it acceptable for the heel to fall off"? My response is yes, it's very acceptable. I see nothing unacceptable about it. And then you also have the people in the Vass thread who just paid $300 for a pair effectively better much quality than the pair you just got and they complain that when some questionable cobbler on youtube took the heel off he found 5 nails instead of 6. So now you have them worried that the shoes they've been wearing for the last 6 years and are still going strong had only 5 nails to hold the heel down. What a disappointment.

Let's just put this to rest once and for all. There is no other brand that even comes close to the low quality/price ratio that JL has.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads