• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skoak cannot ship outside EU anymore haha...

I have both JL and CJ shoes. IS there a comparable model of the Phillip II from CJ that you like / recommend? (if I do choose CJ)

Is it confirmed that Skoak cannot ship out the EU?I remember they said they will confirm on this but is it official? Was just planning to order a pair of Chapels

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it confirmed that Skoak cannot ship out the EU?I remember they said they will confirm on this but is it official? Was just planning to order a pair of Chapels
On their website says specifically after may can no longer ship outside EU. Thoigh still allows you to add to cart and what not ...

sforum1

Reaction score
Here we go. JL could not stand the fact that some people in the US were not willing to pay $2200 for their garbage shoes and proceeded to import them from overseas (specifically EU retailers) so they are probably beginning to impose restrictions on their retailers to prohibit them from shipping outside the EU.

They are really losing it.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here we go. JL could not stand the fact that some people in the US were not willing to pay $2200 for their garbage shoes and proceeded to import them from overseas (specifically EU retailers) so they are probably beginning to impose restrictions on their retailers to prohibit them from shipping outside the EU.

kind of fuked up of them if u ask me. edward green also charge arm and leg as does Crockett Jones. annoying more than anything else.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a real big shame if this is true; Skoak's prices and customer service are great

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
kind of fuked up of them if u ask me. edward green also charge arm and leg as does Crockett Jones. annoying more than anything else.
At least with CJ you can reach directly out to their stores in the UK and pay in pounds to get ex-VAT price

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are you all styling your Lobbs these days? I haven't been wearing dress shoes, since I'm cloistered at home all day, but maybe should do a casual pair of Lobbs. Does anyone have recommendations on that front?

papado

Reaction score
Skoak cannot ship outside EU anymore haha...

I have both JL and CJ shoes. IS there a comparable model of the Phillip II from CJ that you like / recommend? (if I do choose CJ)

*sad trumpet noises* I wasn't aware...ugh

I would go with the Belgrave; it's a soft-ish chisel (337) but I like the perforated cap toe. If you want something closer to the round shape I would chose something on the 363 like the Lonsdale.

puffy

Reaction score

They do it so as not to undercut the local stockists - I have it in writing.

puffy

Reaction score
At least with CJ you can reach directly out to their stores in the UK and pay in pounds to get ex-VAT price
C&J is a joy to deal with directly. Superb quality and fair pricing. Pretty much all I wear these days

sforum1

Reaction score
They do it so as not to undercut the local stockists - I have it in writing.
That's what I said. First, they make it impossible for their local stockists to sell their shoes when they are asking $2200 for a pair (I still cannot believe it) and then they think the problem is the customers who import them from overseas or the retailers who sell the shoes to them. And when we say we buy them from overseas at a lower price, it's not like we get them from free or anything. We still have to pay the ridiculous amounts of $1300-1400, even $1500. What a joke.

So yes, they think that because now I cannot get their shoes from Skoak for $1300 I will pay $2200. Go to **ll JL! That's my response to you.

BTW, the people who think $2200 is nothing and it's still ok to pay this much for a pair of shoes, these are precisely the people who did not import their shoes from the internets to begin with. These are precisely the people who would show up at the JL boutiques and buy the shoes on the spot, with or without JL telling retailers what to do and what not to do. These people do exist and they will continue to exist. So this will not have the effect they think it will. They are only pi**ng off people and alienating customers. And shame on Skoak for succumbing to this garbage. It's a 2-way relationship and you also get to say what you want and what you don't. Otherwise, they can take their precious shoes and shove them up their you know what.

Last edited:

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder if by this move, Skoak will eventually stop carrying Lobb's in their range, similar to how they ceased carrying EG. They now have Forster & Sons and perhaps they will now introduce more of F&S' equivalent Prestige line in their offerings.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are you all styling your Lobbs these days? I haven't been wearing dress shoes, since I'm cloistered at home all day, but maybe should do a casual pair of Lobbs. Does anyone have recommendations on that front?

Same, just received delivery of another pair of Lopez yesterday. They are my default shoe nowadays, even during days I have to go into the office

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads