• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BomTrady

Reaction score
I feel you dude! Yours are at least a versatile color so you have some chances to wear them more frequently (though honestly I'm assuming us on SF have too many shoes so they won't really get worn frequently lol). These blue suede shoes of mine certainly won't be getting a lot of wear these warmer months :(

View attachment 1417976
Those are beautiful! The Shoe Snob wrote an article about that color featuring those Lobbs and I have had them on my kill list since reading it. Hopefully, things will return to normal by fall - next year or sooner.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi friends. Long time no see. I haven't been wearing any dress shoes these days, since I no longer have any work. Things are looking pretty dim, so I started to get out some of my beloved pairs to clean up and sell. As I was sadly preparing my Warwicks, between the tears I stopped to appreciate how stunning they are. Sigh. I hope everyone here is safe and healthy.

IMG_4154.jpg

fal32

Reaction score
How much did u get it for if u dont mind me asking?Im contemplating a pair of BNIB Lopez at USD700 but am not sure if thats a good deal?
Italist? Or which retailer?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel you dude! Yours are at least a versatile color so you have some chances to wear them more frequently (though honestly I'm assuming us on SF have too many shoes so they won't really get worn frequently lol). These blue suede shoes of mine certainly won't be getting a lot of wear these warmer months :(

View attachment 1417976
Those are amazingly badass and all kinds of awesome. I love blue suede for the summer actually. They work really well with casual trousers (I’m thinking light great, khaki, or off white linen), tho those are kind of on the dressy side.

I love them.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much did u get it for if u dont mind me asking?Im contemplating a pair of BNIB Lopez at USD700 but am not sure if thats a good deal?
That’s a great deal.

papado

Reaction score
It’s a good deal.
That’s a great deal.

I forget exactly, but I think it was somewhere between $800-900 USD including the duty I had to pay from DHL. As they are prestige line they came with trees so I was quite happy with it overall.

I think the 700 is a good deal, plus you can pickup trees and you'd still be at half price of the retail.

sforum1

Reaction score
So far I have seen prices for the classic line as low as $700-800 and the Prestige line from $800-$1000. I am talking about buying from retail stores brand new.

There are often better deals to be had from eBay or here on SF but retail I have never seen them go much lower, unless it's the last size left say at Neiman Marcus after it had been on sale for a number of months but the moment it drops to a much better price it will sell in like a second.

AunToni

Reaction score
I've never really been into JL RTW, but I'm curious to give it a try. I want some first time recommendations, especially for someone with a wide foot and high arch. Nearly all of my shoes are from JM Weston, but not a fan of their new director/direction or their overall attitude and approach to their customers. I prefer shoes with a more elongated last and I hate black shoes. I also don't like "clunky" or "stubby" looking shoes. I've only tried on JL once, the Marldon and it was nice, but it was a few years ago and I really don't recall the width or size. Anyways, anyone have any recommendations and does JL generally offer various widths in their stores and/or online? Thanks in advance.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never really been into JL RTW, but I'm curious to give it a try. I want some first time recommendations, especially for someone with a wide foot and high arch. Nearly all of my shoes are from JM Weston, but not a fan of their new director/direction or their overall attitude and approach to their customers. I prefer shoes with a more elongated last and I hate black shoes. I also don't like "clunky" or "stubby" looking shoes. I've only tried on JL once, the Marldon and it was nice, but it was a few years ago and I really don't recall the width or size. Anyways, anyone have any recommendations and does JL generally offer various widths in their stores and/or online? Thanks in advance.
Stay away from prestige lines if you have a high arch, while i also have a high arch i am a masochist. That said, Lobb are a little clunky once you subtract the prestige lasts. Stay away from double leather and they tend to appear more balanced. Perhaps go Lopez or similar, maybe William 2 monks...

AunToni

Reaction score
Stay away from prestige lines if you have a high arch, while i also have a high arch i am a masochist. That said, Lobb are a little clunky once you subtract the prestige lasts. Stay away from double leather and they tend to appear more balanced. Perhaps go Lopez or similar, maybe William 2 monks...
hmm, thanks for the advice. For me, it's not about being a masochist or not, I simply and literally cannot put my foot into a lot of shoes, even if I wanted to, haha.
The Lopez seems to be a loafer? Is there a model, lace or strap, that is not a loafer?

I checked the JL website, I didn't see the William 2 monks. I only say the William monks. By 2 did you just mean the William double monks? Or there is a William II? Thanks!

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone purchased the 2020 Strands?Contemplating to get a black museum pair after just buying the black Lopez. Seems a bit much but the allure of the Strands is too much for me to resist :cool:

Edmund K

Reaction score
hmm, thanks for the advice. For me, it's not about being a masochist or not, I simply and literally cannot put my foot into a lot of shoes, even if I wanted to, haha.
The Lopez seems to be a loafer? Is there a model, lace or strap, that is not a loafer?

I checked the JL website, I didn't see the William 2 monks. I only say the William monks. By 2 did you just mean the William double monks? Or there is a William II? Thanks!

Somehow under JL's new artistic direction, they decided to discontinue William 2 monk which has a beautiful handsew captoe. IMO, William is definitely the most well proportioned monk strap out there and I hope JL doens't screw it up and introducing new variation of the model.

Kalec

Reaction score
Somehow under JL's new artistic direction, they decided to discontinue William 2 monk which has a beautiful handsew captoe. IMO, William is definitely the most well proportioned monk strap out there and I hope JL doens't screw it up and introducing new variation of the model.
Agreed, hardly find the new model William attractive. 2.5 Sole and new last make it way more chunky than it should be as a monk strap.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Those are beautiful! The Shoe Snob wrote an article about that color featuring those Lobbs and I have had them on my kill list since reading it. Hopefully, things will return to normal by fall - next year or sooner.
Can you link us the shoe snob link?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics