• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sforum1

Reaction score
How original......you also have the retort of a five year old..."you too". LOL This tells me, in addition to be a liar, you are also uneducated.
You know exactly who I am. I'm wondering if you have the slightest clue who YOU are. Oh boy, this better be the lockdown talking.

BomTrady

Reaction score
You know exactly who I am. I'm wondering if you have the slightest clue who YOU are. Oh boy. This better be the lockdown talking.
You appear to be merely repeating back to me exactly what I am saying to you ...that's the first sign of your psychosis.

sforum1

Reaction score
You appear to be merely repeating back to me exactly what I am saying to you ...that's the first sign of your psychosis.
yes, I want to be you so I want to copy everything that you do.

I am not a psychologist or anything but, seriously, I think you are having a mental breakdown for some reason. Watch that. You seem to think JL or PP or any of this expensive **** will fill your emptiness and you freak out and take it out on people who have even a small negative thing to say about them. It's shoes man and we all own them being here. But there is a fine line between being passionate about something and losing your sanity over it. And of all things, shoes? Take it easy. And reply all you want, I am putting an end to your madness right here and right now. You are a mess and take care of it.

BomTrady

Reaction score
yes, I want to be you so I want to copy everything that you do.

I am not a psychologist or anything but, seriously, I think you are having a mental breakdown for some reason. Watch that. You seem to think JL or PP or any of this expensive **** will fill your emptiness and you freak out and take it out on people who have even a small negative thing to say about them. It's shoes man and we all own them being here. But there is a fine line between being passionate about something and losing your sanity over it. And of all things, shoes? Take it easy. And reply all you want, I am putting an end to your madness right here and right now. You are a mess and take care of it.
You'd have to graduate from college to be a psychologist; trust me, no one mistook you for any kind of professional, except maybe a professional troll.

Last edited:

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Y

This is called cognitive dissonance run amuck....I'd bet you prefer a Casio to a Patek because a Patek simply is a rip. LOL
haha whoa not the best analogy and I'm sure you absolutely agree about comparing a casio to a patek but I see what you're getting at.

although the thing with watches vs shoes... i mean most shoes are goodyear welted, not much difference in how you can goodyear welt a shoe.

anyway, i'm in the camp that thinks JL does in fact make high quality shoes, but of course, there will always be the small fraction of shoes that somehow slides by QC and makes an owner not happy. it happens with all shoe manufacturers. part of the pricing of jl also means customer service (more often than not) which is why i suggested to the OP to bring his shoes back to JL and raise the issue and bring along his Carminas to compare the price difference and perceived quality of the leather shoes.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer Patek over Casio and JL over Carmina.
C3495BA1-9858-42DE-8D73-A7AB29B30986.jpeg
.. hardly much of a surprise!
Patek and JL Chapels... with some Brunello Cucinelli in the mix...

BomTrady

Reaction score
;)
haha whoa not the best analogy and I'm sure you absolutely agree about comparing a casio to a patek but I see what you're getting at.

although the thing with watches vs shoes... i mean most shoes are goodyear welted, not much difference in how you can goodyear welt a shoe.

anyway, i'm in the camp that thinks JL does in fact make high quality shoes, but of course, there will always be the small fraction of shoes that somehow slides by QC and makes an owner not happy. it happens with all shoe manufacturers. part of the pricing of jl also means customer service (more often than not) which is why i suggested to the OP to bring his shoes back to JL and raise the issue and bring along his Carminas to compare the price difference and perceived quality of the leather shoes.
Yes, it was a crude analogy. And I agree that the op should take his shows back to JL. From my experience, JL has excellent customer service. That is partly what you pay for when buying a pair of JLs.

fal32

Reaction score

BomTrady

Reaction score
I prefer Patek over Casio and JL over Carmina. View attachment 1415582 .. hardly much of a surprise!
Patek and JL Chapels... with some Brunello Cucinelli in the mix...
I saw a guy on a train once with that model Patek one day...I broke my neck trying to get a look until he finally showed it to me. As beautiful as that picture is, it doesn't do justice to exactly how gorgeous that timepiece really is. I can sneak a few pairs of Lobbs by the Mrs, but she'd spot the hole left by that in no time flat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads