• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look nice. What I find extremely interesting though from this pic is that the gap at the lacing on this pair of yours is smaller than almost every other pair you have, by looking at your IG, but my experience is quite the opposite. I have the Becketts too and I find that the 8000 last has a very low instep, lower than the 7000 last and lower than most of the other manufacturers. I'm wondering if you had to go half a size up or a width up. I love the Becketts but I kind of gave up on them because of this. But maybe is it conventional wisdom that you should go up in size on the 8000 last or this model specifically?

thank you, however, I wear the same size for 8000 and 7000 lasts, 6E. 7000 is roomier in the toe.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lopez back in action.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so nice! i miss beautiful footwear during this quarantine.

reidd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moar Lopez..

44035C12-C955-48CA-AE98-880762F9DD50.jpeg

2E4D35E8-1B30-4F86-B1A6-FF5E5A13D3D0.jpeg

My first pair of Lobbs.. the finishing really is top notch and I adore the styling on these. Ordered them same size as I take in C&J and Vass and I think they just about fit. Pretty snug in the front but a little loose in the heel consistent to the feedback I’ve read in this thread. I think some of the heel slip should subside after break in right?

Last edited:

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying to find some replacement flat cotton laces that match the colour of the ones on my Levah Lows - a sort of bluish off-white, any suggestions are welcome.

IMG_2559.jpeg

papado

Reaction score
Trying to find some replacement flat cotton laces that match the colour of the ones on my Levah Lows - a sort of bluish off-white, any suggestions are welcome.

Apologies in advance for perhaps a very silly statement, but have you contacted JL to see if they are able to provide an exact match? A pair of my JL shoe laces broke and I emailed them and they sent over a new pair free and clear; assuming they still make that lace color they should hopefully be able to source it for you.

If you've already tried that approach and they've said it's not possible, I'd be reticent to recommend you try and match exactly unless you can see the laces in person as you'll likely keep on ending up disappointed with pictures online versus how they show up at your home. It may be time to try and pickup a different color in the shoe for the laces to track on, but if that isn't your style I can understand the desire to try and make them look the same as they are now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads