• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2E30DDB0-5E11-4585-ACF7-03E46A24C054.jpeg

Any guidance on removing these water marks?

Also, was wondering if this has come about as they haven’t had a decent polish since the early days of COVID (Dust absorbing remaining polish?).

Fantastic photography, i know…

Joaournau

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m new here but I’m a John lobb fan. Never had one but right now I’m looking for my first William new standard, more casual, but I don’t have any store with John lobb near me to try it. Can you guys help me with sizing? I’m a legit size 42 Italian in almost every brand and 8 uk size shoes in Gucci and Prada. Should I go for the 8 uk John lobb or size up/down? Thanks!

rabu

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m new here but I’m a John lobb fan. Never had one but right now I’m looking for my first William new standard, more casual, but I don’t have any store with John lobb near me to try it. Can you guys help me with sizing? I’m a legit size 42 Italian in almost every brand and 8 uk size shoes in Gucci and Prada. Should I go for the 8 uk John lobb or size up/down? Thanks!
That should work as I'm the same size and 8 UK in Lobb fits me great. The only time I had to go up a half size was in their Pier shoe.

Baked Potato

Reaction score
Recently acquired a pair of City II's. Thinking of purchasing a pair of JL's own shoe trees. I've read that they recommend to go for the closest size down if you have half-sized shoes. What do you guys say? The shoe trees aren't lasted and these are my first pair of JL's, so I don't have that much experience with the brand. Should I go for the closest size up or down?

papado

Reaction score
Recently acquired a pair of City II's. Thinking of purchasing a pair of JL's own shoe trees. I've read that they recommend to go for the closest size down if you have half-sized shoes. What do you guys say? The shoe trees aren't lasted and these are my first pair of JL's, so I don't have that much experience with the brand. Should I go for the closest size up or down?

They come in whole sizes so you always size down if you're a half size--eg if youre UK10.5 buy UK10 trees, etc.

The last thing you want to do is stretch/damage your shoes because you thought buying a shoe tree larger than your stated size would be a good idea :)

Baked Potato

Reaction score
They come in whole sizes so you always size down if you're a half size--eg if youre UK10.5 buy UK10 trees, etc.

The last thing you want to do is stretch/damage your shoes because you thought buying a shoe tree larger than your stated size would be a good idea :)

I understand! :) At the same time, I want the shoes to get stretched enough. I guess going with the smaller sized trees will stretch them sufficiently? Usually, I use cheaper shoe trees have an adjustable front, which comforms to the shoe size if they're a half size smaller/larger. The JL trees are solid in the front, hence my inquiry.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I understand! :) At the same time, I want the shoes to get stretched enough. I guess going with the smaller sized trees will stretch them sufficiently? Usually, I use cheaper shoe trees have an adjustable front, which comforms to the shoe size if they're a half size smaller/larger. The JL trees are solid in the front, hence my inquiry.
only solid trees can stretch slightly. to get a full 1/2 stretch, you will need a proper stretcher.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads