• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A change of workplace dress code to casual has left my several new John Lobb’s useless.Wondering what would be the best price to sell a pair of 2020 St Crepin Strands in museum black and a pair of Sennen’s in claret misty calf.Both are a UK7

dukenukem4ever

Reaction score
Are non prestige models outfitted with oak bark tanned ( like JR / Baker etc) leather outsoles?

nub915

Reaction score
Anyone seen the St Crepin 2022, they are derby’s this year…
Also the Beverly Hills Store released a bespoke made slip on the commemorate the Los Angeles store opening.

BomTrady

Reaction score
I always wanted the jermyn ii, so I got what I thought would be dark grey from the pics on the web page, but these arrived looking really light. They are actually a little lighter than what appears here. I don't really like light colored shoes and finding it hard to get used to these light grey shoes. What do you guys think? Would you be able to work with these? With what do you wear these other than grey trousers, maybe? Brown? Blue? I have no idea.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it before I return these for brown or dark blue - the other two colors available. Thanks
JL_6046 (1).jpg

sforum1

Reaction score
I always wanted the jermyn ii, so I got what I thought would be dark grey from the pics on the web page, but these arrived looking really light. They are actually a little lighter than what appears here. I don't really like light colored shoes and finding it hard to get used to these light grey shoes. What do you guys think? Would you be able to work with these? With what do you wear these other than grey trousers, maybe? Brown? Blue? I have no idea.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it before I return these for brown or dark blue - the other two colors available. Thanks View attachment 1691405
This happened to me twice and hated it: 1. EG cloud antique and 2. JL pewter museum. They both looked good in pics but when I received them they were really light. VERY different from what I had in mind. Unwearable to me. The JL I ended up returning and the cloud antique because it was an MTO I paid $120 or so to have them painted to black.

If you are not happy with them return them. Otherwise it will always bother you and you’ll feel conscious about wearing them.

Last edited:

BomTrady

Reaction score
This happened to me twice and hated it: 1. EG cloud antique and 2. JL pewter museum. They both looked good in pics but when I received them they were really light. VERY different from what I had in mind. Unwearable to me. The JL I ended up returning and the cloud antique because it was an MTO I paid $120 or so to have them painted to black.

If you are not happy with them return them. Otherwise it will always bother you and you’ll feel conscious about wearing them.
Thank you @sforum1 I just may return. I like the way they look. I just don't know what to wear with grey shoes and they'll sit in the closet if I can't figure it out

Jmr928

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you @sforum1 I just may return. I like the way they look. I just don't know what to wear with grey shoes and they'll sit in the closet if I can't figure it out
It’s always hard to tell how dark they are in pictures but that pair looks pretty light?
In direct sunlight the pair I wear look about this shade - which might be just a hair darker than your pair and indoors they look pretty much black. I usually pair them with navy but to be honest I reach for black more often.
C85A7CD0-655A-4401-9ABA-3B03A1803214.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.