• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't have the William, but monk straps ideally you want them to fit a bit more snug. You could probably get away with an 8 F solely based on your EG sizing, but perhaps on the safe side maybe go for 8.5 F. Honestly I can tell you now that having a slightly bigger shoe always trumps a shoe that is too tight. The former can be alleviated to a certain degree, the latter cannot, in my opinion, without destroying the integrity of the last shape.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also the 82 is slightly narrower than classic 202, so assuming EG 82 can fit similar to JL 7000 / 8000 (rather than the old adage to size up half from JL for all EG), maybe the 8.5 F is a good choice on William but don't quote me.

Kalec

Reaction score
yes, I have never own any LOBB so this will be my first purchase. For the 9795 Last UK8EE does it fit like a US9.5 D width?
I generally wear US 12D and UK10.5E on 9795 fits me well, and 10.5EE on 7000 allows me to insert another insole to protect footbed.

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also the 82 is slightly narrower than classic 202, so assuming EG 82 can fit similar to JL 7000 / 8000 (rather than the old adage to size up half from JL for all EG), maybe the 8.5 F is a good choice on William but don't quote me.
82 does not approximate a 7000/8000 last

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
true ya... think i better strike off my mind, sometimes got this kind of mentality of not wanting to lose out on a sales, is really not good.
Yeah, I could see trying it with a last I already own but crossing brands and lasts is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole

xonelsiwel

Reaction score
yes, I have never own any LOBB so this will be my first purchase. For the 9795 Last UK8EE does it fit like a US9.5 D width?

William 9795
UK8EE = US 9E (WIDE)
I anticipate it will be quite roomy. Buy thick socks + insoles.

Biogentic

Reaction score
I think I decided to forgo someone knocked some sense to me that I shouldn’t for a few bucks saving get a width that is not suitable for me.. but just to check for the 9795,7000,8000 last I should be a UK8.5 e width in JLP?
I am a UK9/9.5 E in Edward green 888, 82, 606 last.. u all r very helpful

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads