• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Received my alders yesterday; absolutely love them. Very comfortable and such nice leather and details to say the least. Here are a couple quick shots:

IMG_1737.jpeg

IMG_1738.jpeg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The soles are perfection, too. There are a lot of nice details. I'll try to get my better half to snap a better pic or two.

alextenglish

Affiliate Vendor
Forum Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi John Lobb fans! I wanted to formally introduce myself and italist—we're now a sponsor of this thread. We typically have a strong selection of John Lobb (and other classic menswear labels) on the site, at a savings of up to 40% even before markdowns.

A quick summary of italist: founded 5 years ago by Italian entrepreneurs in Los Angeles. We partner with 250+ independent luxury boutiques in Italy to aggregate their inventory and make it available to global shoppers. Thus, we have over 1,000 designers on the site and upwards of 200,000 items—from Balenciaga to Buttero. Italian retail buyers are considered to be some of the best in the world.

Our starting price advantage is thanks to a direct import model, so you're essentially saving VAT as you would if you visited Italy and shopped in person and then received a refund at the airport on your departure. All other things being equal, the Italian retail price is almost always lower than those in other parts of the world, especially for brands based in or produced in Italy and mainland Europe.

Shipping is always free and express, so orders arrive in 2-4 business days worldwide. Any items under $800 are duty-free in the U.S.

The only "catch" to be aware of is that our returns are not totally free. Since items are shipped from Italy, they also go back to Italy, and are subject to return shipping and duties costs, which vary based on the item value and often which customs officer happens to be processing the re-import. We're always working closely with DHL to improve this process and keep the shopper's costs as minimal as we can.

We're also working to provide much better and more detailed information about brand-specific sizing, and a fit predictor tool will be released soon on the site.

There's more info on our sponsor page if you've got more curiosities! I'm going to try to keep an eye on this thread but feel free to DM me if you have specific questions or concerns.

Best,
Alex

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 12.09.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 12.09.04 PM.png
    231 KB · Views: 86

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi John Lobb fans! I wanted to formally introduce myself and italist—we're now a sponsor of this thread. We typically have a strong selection of John Lobb (and other classic menswear labels) on the site, at a savings of up to 40% even before markdowns.

A quick summary of italist: founded 5 years ago by Italian entrepreneurs in Los Angeles. We partner with 250+ independent luxury boutiques in Italy to aggregate their inventory and make it available to global shoppers. Thus, we have over 1,000 designers on the site and upwards of 200,000 items—from Balenciaga to Buttero. Italian retail buyers are considered to be some of the best in the world.

Our starting price advantage is thanks to a direct import model, so you're essentially saving VAT as you would if you visited Italy and shopped in person and then received a refund at the airport on your departure. All other things being equal, the Italian retail price is almost always lower than those in other parts of the world, especially for brands based in or produced in Italy and mainland Europe.

Shipping is always free and express, so orders arrive in 2-4 business days worldwide. Any items under $800 are duty-free in the U.S.

The only "catch" to be aware of is that our returns are not totally free. Since items are shipped from Italy, they also go back to Italy, and are subject to return shipping and duties costs, which vary based on the item value and often which customs officer happens to be processing the re-import. We're always working closely with DHL to improve this process and keep the shopper's costs as minimal as we can.

We're also working to provide much better and more detailed information about brand-specific sizing, and a fit predictor tool will be released soon on the site.

There's more info on our sponsor page if you've got more curiosities! I'm going to try to keep an eye on this thread but feel free to DM me if you have specific questions or concerns.

Best,
Alex
Welcome! Nice to hear!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I snagged them on eBay for a song. I guess I could have had them dyed a solid color but when you have as many shoes as I have......
Right, you have to decide if it's worth the time and $$ or if you can get back close to what you paid.

sforum1

Reaction score
As horrible as the Lopez is (I guess especially after we've been bombarded with Lopez pics here at ad nauseam), now a 2-tone one? I honestly won't be able to sleep tonight.

I love shoes but I'm confident that if I ever get tired of this sick passion and want to move on with my life, all it will take is stare at the pics above all day for a few days and that would do the trick.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads