• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I should like it and appreciate it because someone else did it? All I said was that I did not like it and most people here won't be all that excited about it either. This is me on one side of the equation. Then there is their side, as a JL company. We'll see how far this takes them. What I'm questioning is whether they are trying to fix one mistake with another, from a business point of view, or is this indeed the smartest direction they can take at this point?

What I'm hearing is that soon all EG, G&G and JL could shoot up to $4000/pair at the same time. At that point some people will still buy them and these will truly be luxury brands, truly only for the very few. This might be more profitable too for the companies. But that could also be suicidal. What I'm saying is that it's not as simple as it sounds. For example by end of 2021 when you will only be able to buy JL only from the US (for US customers) and they will cost say $2800+tax, most SF members just won't ever be able to buy a pair, especially given all the other options. But again, JL from a business point of view, at that point, they might be more successful than they have ever been.
I agree with you but they are owned by Hermes so I'm pretty sure they know how to play the niche/ yet global domination prestige game. I own a pair for $2200 prestige lineJL and I can't say they are bad shoes but would not buy them again. I feel like people in the know have so many other options that are much cheaper anyway.

puffy

Reaction score
@dauster just walked past my local Hermes store where I live, queue snaking around the block. Business is good.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@dauster just walked past my local Hermes store where I live, queue snaking around the block. Business is good.
Picture or it did not happen lol :) people love hermes stuff, can't believe they dont even have JL make their own hermes shoes. Crazy world. But then again I ordered expensive stuff myself pre-covid all the time - who am I to judge.

puffy

Reaction score
Where does everyone buy their JLs online? Need some new bookmarks.... :)

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Chapel look-alikes at Kent Wang. Anyone have any experience with Kent Wang shoes? I know they're made in Taiwan / Myanmar or something.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
italist almost no sizes left... one i wanted got away from me. I spend way too much time dilly dallying on whether to purchase or not seriously.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Wow you guys are serious about shoes...how long have you all been wearing JL shoes?

fal32

Reaction score
italist almost no sizes left... one i wanted got away from me. I spend way too much time dilly dallying on whether to purchase or not seriously.
Which model?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads