• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just buy from Borghini Classics when they run a 15-20% off sale. Mostly EE widths (good for me) but they have some prestige and staple models in E.

sforum1

Reaction score
Just buy from Borghini Classics when they run a 15-20% off sale. Mostly EE widths (good for me) but they have some prestige and staple models in E.
I bought mine from there. You can actually get the E width too but you have to wait. They special order it for you and it might take up to 3 weeks. $820 delivered for me. I also got the brown museum calf from a member here for $500 new. Both combined and it's still way less than $1850.

I have a feeling that by next year the price of these shoes on the US website will be $2500 because apparently their customers no price can stop them.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought mine from there. You can actually get the E width too but you have to wait. They special order it for you and it might take up to 3 weeks. $820 delivered for me. I also got the brown museum calf from a member here for $500 new. Both combined and it's still way less than $1850.

Yeah, I got my Williams and Sauntons from there. Warwicks and one pair of 2009s from Nick. Got my second pair of 2009s from eBay.

I love my Lobbs, but thee US MSRP is way too high, especially Classic line models. No wheeling, no beveled waist or fiddleback, rounded sole edge, gemming welted.

The Prestige models are much better shoes in every way.

NoNameNecessary

Reaction score
I just noticed that JL increased the price of their basic (non-prestige) shoes to $1700 here in the US.
https://www.johnlobb.com/en_roa/catalog/product/view/id/25427/s/city-ii/category/3/

LOL
Seriously? I mean this has gotten COMPLETELY out of control. I own these shoes and I have to be honest, absolutely nothing special.
This is laughable, what is the profit margin on these, like $1600/$1700? LOL
Seriously, this made my day.

By the time you add tax and trees it's over $2K. LOL You can only cry or laugh with this stuff, I'll go with the latter.
It’s probably cost less than $100 for JL to build a pair but retailers only pay $500 or so. Price hike is a result of discussion between retailers and JL. Mainly because retailers believe their customers will sustain the price push

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have a feeling that by next year the price of these shoes on the US website will be $2500 because apparently their customers no price can stop them.

I'm just reading this again. So in your experience, they will allow you to order a model they stock in a size not currently in stock? That opens up new possibilities for wallet drainage, if so....

sforum1

Reaction score
I'm just reading this again. So in your experience, they will allow you to order a model they stock in a size not currently in stock? That opens up new possibilities for wallet drainage, if so....
Yes, and I would think that they would allow you to order anything that is considered RTW for JL and JL have readily available in their stock (models like the City II, Philip II, William etc are permanent styles and you know the factory always has stock). If JL has it available, they order it and it's being shipped to them in their next shipment. All you need is some patience. Their next shipment may not be scheduled for 2, 3 or 4 weeks later but it's not like we are short of shoes or anything and can't wait.

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, and I would think that they would allow you to order anything that is considered RTW for JL and JL have readily available in their stock (models like the City II, Philip II, William etc are permanent styles and you know the factory always has stock). If JL has it available, they order it and it's being shipped to them in their next shipment. All you need is some patience. Their next shipment may not be scheduled for 2, 3 or 4 weeks later but it's not like we are short of shoes or anything and can't wait.

Yeah, well they’ve a pair of UK 8.5 William chukkas in pewter museum for a long time. I would love to get my hands on a 10 UK, but that one has never been restocked. I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask. I don’t really need any more “staple” shoes, I guess.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20190429_115308.jpg 20190429_115351.jpg

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4BCFDFAC-AA4D-4490-BCC8-7B8512112B79.jpeg

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
any thoughts on what size i should order for the John Lobb Chapel given i wear a UK7.5 on the rain last and 202 (EG)?This would be my first foray into Lobbs

heelguy

Reaction score
any thoughts on what size i should order for the John Lobb Chapel given i wear a UK7.5 on the rain last and 202 (EG)?This would be my first foray into Lobbs

I wear 7.5 UK in EG and GG and size down to 7 in Lobb. I think most people do the same.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads