• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why are they over?

Because he bought them all and now he won't release them back. And that's a real shame.
Because I am now semi-retired and my slippers and flip flops get the most use and if my wife finds out that I'm buying more shoes she will leave me. I'm on thin ice already, she discovered my watch purchases for the last 3 years....ouch Be patient, they may be available eventually when I can convince myself to set them free...:crazy:

sforum1

Reaction score
Because I am now semi-retired and my slippers and flip flops get the most use and if my wife finds out that I'm buying more shoes she will leave me. I'm on thin ice already, she discovered my watch purchases for the last 3 years....ouch Be patient, they may be available eventually when I can convince myself to set them free...:crazy:
How to get rid of a wife in 3 days. SF people seem to have an easy and fun way out. Buying shoes and watches.

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A familiar refrain...

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone able to identify the vintage/collection for these? Marshall does not appear to be a recent model. Given they have a model name, I take them to be RTW and from the Hermes-wing of things.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_2256.JPG
IMG_2257.JPG IMG_2258.JPG IMG_2259.JPG IMG_2260.JPG

Alan Bee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife got rided of me. At least I do not hide my shoes anymore. It's a relief.
How to get rid of a wife in 3 days. SF people seem to have an easy and fun way out. Buying shoes and watches.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would a wife get rid of you because of acquiring shoes and watches? Have you tried surprising her with a pair of shoes/bags or whatever she's into each time you are getting yourself a new pair of shoes? That is, unless something like that would affect your mutual finances ..

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: do I need a SECOND pair of 2009 Crepins? Same exact color as the pair I already have in my (rarish) size on the bay...

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would a wife get rid of you because of acquiring shoes and watches? Have you tried surprising her with a pair of shoes/bags or whatever she's into each time you are getting yourself a new pair of shoes? That is, unless something like that would affect your mutual finances ..
Well maybe when you have a hundred pair of shoes and close to a hundred watchs :butbut:

sforum1

Reaction score
My wife got rided of me. At least I do not hide my shoes anymore. It's a relief.
But that's the thing. Even though it has the appearance of she getting rid of you, what really happened is that you got rid of her. That's the magic, that's what I was referring to.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope Shoes were not the real reason; I bought her some pairs of Carmina. I want to believe the real problem was the closet space ...:crackup:

dahl5yankees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
need validation on this pair, I've owned and worn several pair of John Lobb shoes. I don't know if these are bespoke or not.
Insole says John Lobb and hand written "Stride 8 1/2". I don't see England or Italy on the sole or insole.

Advice?

see pics

IMG_8721.JPG

IMG_8720.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads