1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Shibumi Firenze bringing us classic accessories and bespoke tailoring from Florence, and owned long time member "Braddock", and Jonathan Abel who bring us their Goodyear welted shoes made in Portugal.

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Lobb Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dddrees, Feb 22, 2013.

1. fal32

fal32 Senior Member

What is BG?

2. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

3. Dtrader

Dtrader Member

I elect returning. If there is damage or scratches to the shoe it should have been described as such. The fact they removed the shoes trees from a prestige line shoe which is clearly included as per jl norms is indictive of not only bad sales practices but theft unless marked as not including shoe tress. Don’t settle for a bad customer experience. If the pushback is that they are jl’s And you are lucky to get such a deal well it’s just a bad deal.

4. TomOwen

TomOwen Senior Member

I was at Bergdorf today and grabbed the Chapels in 7E. They ended up having trees btw. I shopped with Abdellah, and he'll be able to grab you trees - they definitely come with trees, your SA was just wrong. I would give it a shot again tomorrow, I think it's there.

5. nickrut

nickrut Distinguished Member

Do you know if they had any other sizes? Or any other models?

6. earthdragon

earthdragon Distinguished Member

Thanks so much. I am back in the city tomorrow

7. earthdragon

earthdragon Distinguished Member

Thursday they had a William (Monk) in Black and i think it was a 10E.
    Also a monk that i did not recognize in Shell and a couple of suede Lopez in big sizes (11 and 12)...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2018

8. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

John Lobb paris in shell cordovan? I’ve never heard of such a thing. Awesome.

9. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

these are not perfect. I am going to go against the grain regarding whether to keep or return and say keep. After one or two wearings outside, they will have these imperfections. These do not appear to be worn outside, but were either damaged during a try on or during transit. I have seen shoes that get damaged during transit worse than these. If you can negotiate a discount, please, do try. YOOX is not great about that, but if these fit, they seem like they would improve with a simple polish and the rest of the try on wear are reasonable for half off retail. there is no cut in the uppers or any other major damage that I would say is worth a return. now if you want a perfect pair for a collection and never wear them, by all means, return.

10. OliverMarcV

OliverMarcV Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, So I e-thrifted these a few years back but could never find any information on them. I was wondering if anyone had any idea?
    IMG_2634.JPG
    IMG_2635.JPG
    IMG_2636.JPG
    IMG_2637.JPG

11. Texasmade

Texasmade Distinguished Member

Those are John Lobb St James bespoke shoes. They have the 3 warrants so the shoes are old. I'm not sure when they lost the warrant but it's been a number of years, probably at least 10 years.

Rubber heels look like aftermarket heels. I've never seen that style on JLSJ shoes.

12. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Stylish Dinosaur

13. OliverMarcV

OliverMarcV Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info, I was not sure if they were true bespoke back when I bought them. I knew from the stamp that they were of higher quality though. Luckily they do fit me very well and are my go to shoe for special occasions that call for them.

14. gfmozart

gfmozart Senior Member

sadly the UPS guy collected them yesterday. anybody who wants to get the item off yoox and negotiate a discount is free to do so.

15. othertravel

othertravel Distinguished Member

Hey guys, bought a pair of Lobb Heath's that has some scuffs. Want to get the matching Lobb shoe cream. Which colour is this? Claret, bourdeaux, etc...? Next to a pair of beaten Cheaneys.

IMG_7403.JPG