• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saunton

F1B05338-B568-429E-B886-257299E947ED.jpeg

KBSB123

Reaction score
My favorite last! Its so much more comfortable than the 7000 which the city II's come in

Bob21

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster hoping for sizing assistance. I’m looking into purchasing my first pair of John Lobb boots but uncertain on sizing. I’m a wider 10.5 d on the brannock, wear a 10.5e on ae’s 5 last, and have found a 9.5 carmina jumper boot in the soller last feels a bit snug but nothing unreasonable.

I can’t decide if I’d be best suited for a 9.5 or 10e on the 8695 boot last and would really appreciate opinions.

Thanks, all!

papado

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Long time lurker, first time poster hoping for sizing assistance. I’m looking into purchasing my first pair of John Lobb boots but uncertain on sizing. I’m a wider 10.5 d on the brannock, wear a 10.5e on ae’s 5 last, and have found a 9.5 carmina jumper boot in the soller last feels a bit snug but nothing unreasonable.

I can’t decide if I’d be best suited for a 9.5 or 10e on the 8695 boot last and would really appreciate opinions.

Thanks, all!

I would think 9.5 would be the much closer size for you--I don't know too many folks on this forum who wear their Lobbs only a half size below brannock.

I'm US 11D (same size in pretty much all AE lasts) and wear a 10E UK in JLP and CJ; 10.5E in EG and G&G; and I'd argue the 10E stretches out a little to be a tad too big volume wise.

I would guess a 10E on you would be too large, unless you've got a lot of foot volume/instep.

Bob21

Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in. My best course seems to be to wait to get into a shop for a proper fitting so I'll do that. Appreciate the information!

sclemmons

Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in. My best course seems to be to wait to get into a shop for a proper fitting so I'll do that. Appreciate the information!

Lobb usually has a sale just before Christmas and just before Fathers Day. Call and see and let us know if you have time.

rharlow

Reaction score
Great thread. I have a few gently worn 11E Lobbs that I would like to move. 11.5 US D width. Mostly Prestige. 8000 last. 7000 last. All bought new either from Wilkes or the NYC store, or locally. I have found that a larger size now fits me better. If you you want to buy them or have anything Lobb larger to trade, let me know.
Nice to know, what do you have in 11E that you're willing to part with?

sclemmons

Reaction score
Great thread. I have a few gently worn 11E Lobbs that I would like to move. 11.5 US D width. Mostly Prestige. 8000 last. 7000 last. All bought new either from Wilkes or the NYC store, or locally. I have found that a larger size now fits me better. If you you want to buy them or have anything Lobb larger to trade, let me know.
Just to correct the record, the Lobbs I have are 10.5E sold as 11.5D US. I do have one pair of 11E8000 Chambord boots, sold as 12D US. I was thinking about the US equivalent, not the marked UK size. Sorry for the confusion.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads