1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Lobb Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dddrees, Feb 22, 2013.

1. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Get it from Vass, infinitely cheaper unless you want a JL specific shoe.

gusvs, you picked a wonderful shoe and color. Here goes trying to keep them clean.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  2. ElementHU

ElementHU Senior member

Beautiful shoes Gus!

3. Hirsh

Hirsh Senior member

Small pull tab!

Totally bespoke from St James in London, so slight chisel but basically the exact shape of my feet.

My made to measure Gaziano and Girlings have a more chiselled toe but not the wow comfort factor.:)

4. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

lhuynh, may I ask you, or anyone else who is willing to help me- on your opinion regarding the JL Dark Brown Museum Calf? ..

How does that color looks to you under normal day light and everyday use .. I hesitate ordering another pair of Lopez, this time in Dark Brown Museum, as my major concern is - will it be clearly recognizable as brown as I have a feeling sometimes it is too dark and almost might be mistaken with black, under lower light condition .. So, I saw in your closet cleaning ad that you do have a pair of JL in that color, so wondered if you could advice me ..

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
  5. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

IMO, it will not be mistaken as black. It is a very pleasant color.

6. gusvs

gusvs Senior member

Thanks and yes!

Thank you!

7. auci

auci Active Member

Dark Brown museum is not as dark (or black shaded) as Dark brown misty. It is still brown in normal daylight.

I prefer dark brown misty because you can't tell whether it is black or brown. It is such a versatile color. That's the beauty of it.

8. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

Thank You guys,

Considering I already purchased a pair of Lopez in Black Misty Calf, I really want my next shoes to be "clear and not mistaken brown" in order not to have 2 different pair of shoes mistaken as the same pair. I even found the Dark Brown Museum matching belt, which would be a really nice addition, though someone could say it "I am trying to hard" ..

9. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Has anyone from the US attempted to purchase JL shoes from the UK store? Do you know if they will make the sale or will they re-direct to the US supplier?

Also, anyone have pics of JL's SAR soles? They look pretty clunky but durable... now in MI I might need to pick up shoes with such soles. Thanks!

10. lhuynh

lhuynh Senior member

Boy, it really does depend sometimes but in general, I find the dark brown museum to be pretty dark but not enough to be mistaken as black. It just does not have the clear antiquing effect of lighter browns, like Parisian, chestnut or bracken. More subtle. Depends on what you like.

1 person likes this.
  11. chogall

chogall Senior member

Dark brown museum is very subtle. Won't be able to see the museum effect unless under bright lighting. Very similar to black museum calf.

12. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

chogall, Sorry - similar to the black museum in a way of not so clearly visible hoes and antique finish, or similar to the black museum in term they can be mistaken with black museum as the color shade is not so different? My concern was regarding the brown color it self, I would like it to be seen I'm wearing a brown shoes, and not for people to have a second thought is that black or brown. :) But I think I got the answer by now..

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  13. aportnoy

aportnoy Senior member Dubiously Honored

The John Lobb sale started yesterday at the Madison Avenue store....

Amongst the best buys are Chambord II boots in multiple hides reduced from $1695 to $678.:slayer::slayer::slayer:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  14. sdolina

sdolina Senior member

Have you seen there the Chambord II shoes? Would pay for proxy....

15. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

I really like the Buffalo Calf... I REALLY don't like the SAR soles... :fu:

Is it bad that I will have close to 4x the amount of JL that I currently have by next week?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  16. aportnoy

They have a few pairs of the Chambord II shoe in dark oak but at not quite as generous a discount as the boot.

17. sdolina

sdolina Senior member

yes. would love it. Proxy anybody?

18. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Senior member

Do they have an email address for that store? Would love to get a list of shoes in my size :)

19. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

johnlobbbotique@johnlobb.com

Are you in the US? They can ship to you directly if you are.

20. aportnoy

There is also a Lobb store in San Francisco which is having the same sale, if that's somehow more convenient.