• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

benjamin8451

Reaction score

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your input :) . I think I'll go down size 1 from my usual US size and see what happens. Hopefully they fit. I'll do well to post pictures of my first pair.

A side question. Just wondering. Do you guys think people could actually tell the difference between say JL, EG, AE, etc by just staring at your feet? Women in my social circle tend to compliment on the Kenneth Cole type of shoes that my colleagues wear. It really annoys me. I cant' really tell what they see in them. Makes me wonder whether women can tell the difference at all. I wore a Berluti last week to work and one of my colleague asked, "is that a Cole Haan?" "something like that," I responded. I really didn't want to bother explaining the difference. It's really a sad state of affairs in my building.:uhoh:

They'll comment on color rather than silhouette.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Perhaps they meant Kenneth Cole type square toes :)

63AMG

Reaction score
Well after receiving my 2 orders from Bespoke England at the end of December (placed orders end of November),I found each order was missing a pair. I emailed once a week and no response. Finally had to do a chargeback with my credit card today for the 2 pairs I was charged for but never received. Lame.

The shoes I did get were great and I'm happy I got most of what I ordered (unlike some who got nothing at all), but the lack of basic customer service was really astonishing--especially from a retailer that (had) a great reputation.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

Well after receiving my 2 orders from Bespoke England at the end of December (placed orders end of November),I found each order was missing a pair. I emailed once a week and no response. Finally had to do a chargeback with my credit card today for the 2 pairs I was charged for but never received. Lame.

The shoes I did get were great and I'm happy I got most of what I ordered (unlike some who got nothing at all), but the lack of basic customer service was really astonishing--especially from a retailer that (had) a great reputation.

There is probably a reasonable explanation for this. Aren't they on SF? Did you try calling them?

coldinboston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There is probably a reasonable explanation for this. Aren't they on SF? Did you try calling them?

This thread is littered with complaints such as this all stemming from a holiday sale. I think the conclusion was that bespoke england was selling shoes that they did not actually possess in stock and as such many people did not get their orders. In addition lack of communication and lack of refunds until initiated by the buyer were other issues.
I did not personally buy anything from there but it was hot topic for a while

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

This thread is littered with complaints such as this all stemming from a holiday sale. I think the conclusion was that bespoke england was selling shoes that they did not actually possess in stock and as such many people did not get their orders. In addition lack of communication and lack of refunds until initiated by the buyer were other issues.
I did not personally buy anything from there but it was hot topic for a while

I see - that is a shame. Probably an issue of stretching oneself too thin.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I received a refund from Nick for the unfulfilled parts of my Sale order. From what he told me before, the factory was selling stuff separately from his website leading to a disparity that took a while to sort out. I'm still waiting for a pair of overshoes that he says is on back order, and I'm confident that I'll get them in a couple of weeks.

rbhan12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^All that is fine and dandy but the lack of communication for this length of time is unacceptable.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not making excuses for him. I only just got my refund yesterday, which took too long and had to email him a few times about it.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got shipping confirmation from Nick for a pair of brown city ii oxfords. Can't wait.

jujujoo11

Reaction score
Does anyone have a a blue misty calf? The thing almost looks black, just want to know how it ages.

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Last edited:

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are those PL?. Did they come with those trees?. Beautiful shoes and trees.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads