1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Lobb Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dddrees, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Abdullah71601

Abdullah71601 Active Member

My wife bought me a pair from the sale on Friday and they arrived in AUH yesterday. The tracking information was received in three business days. In the past it's been up to five days.

These were 125£. The missus is in love with them.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. takashi78

takashi78 Senior member

Really unique pair and great looking.

Wow less than a week to reach Australia. That is fast, its been 3 business days and no reply from them yet.
    Will wait til next week until i contact them.

3. coldinboston

coldinboston Senior member

Xpost from rocks your socks
    In the shade and in the sun
    Love the parisian brown museum

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  4. Zapasman

Zapasman Senior member

My boat shoes can be resoled. They have a welt wich is stitched to a white rubber midsole. Midsole is glued to a white rubber outsole. The problem is to find the same kind of rubber outsole out of JL house. It is an issue unless you are willing to send your shoes to England and pay for that.

5. Steven Cash

Steven Cash Senior member

Following on from other posters' issues with Bespoke England's sale - I paid for the Driver Moccasins and Aston Martin Winners in Nick's sale last Sunday. No dispatch details so far and now those particular shoes have both been further reduced for the last two days of his sale.

Am I unreasonable to say that I ought to get these shoes at the newly discounted price considering they have not even been dispatched?

Whilst the reduction (£30 each pair) isn't a huge issue the principal is of course that he has reduced them further and I have not received them or even a dispatch notification.

I know other members encountered such issues last time Nick had a sale with late dispatching/delivery but I was lucky and received my order within a few days but can see why other posters expressed their concerns.

6. takashi78

takashi78 Senior member

Hmmm you do have a point there, i agree with what you say.
    Unless the shoes has been sent, if not i think it's only fair we get the new pricing.

7. jujujoo11

jujujoo11 Senior member

darn those shoes look sweet. Are warwicks only mto now?

8. rbhan12

rbhan12 Senior member

And the saga with Nick begins again...ridiculous that he doesn't reply to emails or ship in a reasonable timeframe. It seems I reply to more emails when I wake up and am still laying in bed than Nick does in a week.

9. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I inquired and received a response from Nick, since I ordered a pair early and then another two right before the reducition.

I am unsure of how Nick gets the shoes from Lobb, but I'll summarize his response to my queries. As for the price adjustment, when you order, he purchases the shoe from JL and then picks them up. I do not believe they are on hand which has led to issues in the past with orders not being fulfilled. So, he basically said he couldn't because the shoes were paid for before the additional reduction.

I also believe he picks the shoes up on a weekly basis as my earlier order is held up because I added a few more pairs that he stated he had to pick up this week.

You can take my information with any number of grains of salt. In the end, I know I will have three pairs of shoes for the price of one. I can't complain about communication because he responds and has always responded to me.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  10. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Have you received any of these three pairs yet? I paid for a pair of shoes two weeks ago, received a shipping notification, but the shoes still are just in the "processed" stage, with no further information in 11 days. At this point I'd love to just get the pair I paid for and was told are shipped. But since when the sale started mine hadn't been shipped, I feel like I could have cancelled the initial order and made another one to save myself £150, even accounting for the £50 restock fee.

11. coldinboston

coldinboston Senior member

Hmmm not quite sure. I dont think the store had them RTW, for sure not on the website. Houston or SCP store did not have them either. In any regards i wanted them in the parisian brown museum which was only MTO. I know Barneys had them on their website in the claret misty last season.

12. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

Malford of London has one style (and not seconds) on sale about 550 HBO to us after code

1 person likes this.
  13. clee1982

clee1982 Senior member

No idea how GBP gets auto correct to HBO...

14. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

No, my pairs were only ordered 5 and two days ago.

I'm surprised he has't responded to you.

15. Abdullah71601

Abdullah71601 Active Member

The order processing message from Nick has a caveat that shipping delays may occur due to the sale.

16. JC0611

JC0611 Active Member

Congratulations on a good find, and nice rug!

1 person likes this.
  17. Nick A

Nick A Senior member

Hello, this is Nick. We are collecting shoes from JL daily and shipping as quickly as we can. We are also booking the couriers in advance which is why you receive the tracking details and will ship ASAP. Sorry for the delays. We are approx 7 days from order to packing. If anyone is desperate please email nick@bespoke-england.co.uk with the order number or order numbers and a message "Urgent" and I will try to get those out first. We sold over 1000 items which I have to locate in the JL wearhouse one at a time. Thank you all for your continued patience.

18. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Thank you, Nick!!!

Expect 1000 "Urgent" emails.

19. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

photos of the JL wearhouse nick?

20. naspratt

naspratt Senior member

Nick, I really appreciate your attention to our concerns. But I placed an order over two weeks ago and have not yet received my order (I also e-mailed asking if I could add on to my order and combine shipping since the order hasn't shipped yet). I am not terribly concerned about receiving the shoes, but I was somewhat disappointed that I paid the pre-sale price while if I had ordered less than a week later, I would have saved £200. That said, I still got a terrific deal and am very much looking forward to my first pair of Lobbs.