• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

benjamin8451

Reaction score

What colors did you get?
I had the Paul Smith for JL purple museum in my cart (9.5) and somebody beat me to them before I checked out. That wouldn't have been you would it????:D  I was considering the purple suede but they look just too purple!

Did you notice their shipping fee stays the same no matter how many shoes you buy? Good strategy, I was going to get one pair and thought the 40 pound shipping was kind of steep so I decided might as well get more if the shipping costs stay the same.

That was me. :)

Just got an email from nick. They will begin to send out shipping details at the end of the week and begin to ship next week.

That gets me thinking maybe I can get two pairs of loafers to my ongoing order.

Last edited:

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bad Benjamin
cloud.gif
I did find another pair on eBay in normal width but for double the price.

I'm sure you could add to your order but they're going fast.

labravajazz

Reaction score
I got the email from Nick, also, and I had done 2.seperate orders a couple of days apart. Trusting that they will not combine the 2 orders or I may be hit with big customs charge GST and all
1f631.png
. That's why I did seperate orders as we are exempt GST if under a certain value.....
Got a Paul Smith grey suede Willoughby and a Chambord

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Passed by Seattle Barneys store, the sale rep said the price will down to 60% or even 70% off in 3-4 weeks if the size still available

They'll also include more products. I think they did a staggered roll out last year.

lucci

Reaction score
I got the email from Nick, also, and I had done 2.seperate orders a couple of days apart. Trusting that they will not combine the 2 orders or I may be hit with big customs charge GST and all
1f631.png
. That's why I did seperate orders as we are exempt GST if under a certain value.....
Got a Paul Smith grey suede Willoughby and a Chambord
You can cope it at the stylerush and have it shipped domestically.

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great choice Jazz. I totally agree, especially the JL for Paul Smith shoes which are £200 for suede versions and £250 for the calf versions. A factory resole through JL HK for the regular line is already £250! So I get a brand new pair of first quality shoes and free shoe trees for less than or the same price as the cost of a resole. Couldn't resist the temptation and got me two pairs

So did I :slayer: One purple calf and one purple suede.

Chowkin

Reaction score
So did I
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
One purple calf and one purple suede.

I kopped a pair of in purple suede and another in grey museum calf. I actually prefer purple museum for the calf but Nick didn't have my size. Am thinking of getting a custom patina job done by either Dandy Shoe Care or my local artist if the grey museum colour doesn't work out for me.

Here's an example of the work done here in HK:

GC Cleverley Reuben:

After patina:

Given the rather light colours of the JL for Paul Smith shoes, I'm sure a custom patina would look awesome and at the same time, unique!

Last edited:

benjamin8451

Reaction score
I kopped a pair of in purple suede and another in grey museum calf. I actually prefer purple museum for the calf but Nick didn't have my size. Am thinking of getting a custom patina job done by either Dandy Shoe Care or my local artist if the grey museum colour doesn't work out for me.

Here's an example of the work done here in HK:

GC Cleverley Reuben:

After patina:

Given the rather light colours of the JL for Paul Smith shoes, I'm sure a custom patina would look awesome and at the same time, unique!

Patina_HK?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads