John Lobb Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dddrees, Feb 22, 2013.

1. mw313

mw313 Senior member

Yea I know. At least the guy offering them said that he had hem professionally conditioned but then again what really is professional? I bet that many of us can polish and recondition better than a "professional" unless it is a high end professional.

Reselling probably would be tough because here are few enough who wear a size 15 but only the smallest amount are narrow. And then who of them would pay for this high level of shoe. Chances are slim . There is a return policy which could help or Lobb said that they will visit my area in a few months and could evaluate relating them with a last done for me if there are only some more minor changes needed.

Maybe it will work. I'm going to take the advice from you guys and look at what price I can negotiate then. Thanks.

2. jujujoo11

jujujoo11 Senior member

Is this Brown Misty calf? Almost looks claret. I love the sharpness!!!!! My favorite elegant chukka.

3. emiristol

emiristol Senior member

love it; are any stores still selling these? i'd like to get a pair

4. Jazzmenco

Jazzmenco Senior member

@jujujoo11 Yes it is the misty brown. I gave it a few coats of cordovan color polish to give it some reddish highlights.

@emiristol Do a google search and maybe you'll get lucky. I got mine from a SF member. They didn't fit him, bummer for him, lucky for me.

5. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

@emiristol - the Lobb store in NYC had almost a full size run when I was there in December. You could check to see if they still have any. Not discounted, though.

6. jujujoo11

jujujoo11 Senior member

I think it looks claret awesome picture. Was the original color much different?

7. ThinkDerm

ThinkDerm Senior member

love these boots.

8. Jazzmenco

Jazzmenco Senior member

Thank you kindly. The inside of these boots are finished just like the outside, amazing.

9. Jazzmenco

Jazzmenco Senior member

No there is very little difference. Just a hint of red from one coat of red cream and cordovan polish, just in the front,

10. emiristol

emiristol Senior member

great, thanks

11. jujujoo11

jujujoo11 Senior member

....... Where are the shoe discussion? So dead...... How do you guys like the William 2 boots? Compared to the C&J Camberley?? I really like the william boots but do you think its too casual for suits?

12. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Dubiously Honored Moderator

The William IIs are a much better looking pair of boots IMO Buckles are in the right place for me, not so on the Camberley.

I do have many pairs of DMs and will wear with suits no issue, given the options above I could easily wear the Williams with a suit but wouldn't wear the Camberleys

My 2cents....

13. Nikola

Nikola Senior member

I had such a massive heel slip with the 9795 William last that my feet almost fall out of my shoes. Be sure to try them on first.

14. jujujoo11

jujujoo11 Senior member

I always felt the regular william 2's felt good. Bit bulky and never tried the boots but I thought it would fit the same.

15. labravajazz

labravajazz Senior member

Not sure if it's generally true but my William 11 shoes which have unusually no toe cap but still called william 11 do fit on the large side and a bit looser at heel but work beautifully with thick socks. Mine are 10.5 and compared to my JL single monks on 8000 last 11 E the Williams are very generous size. Could never wear thick socks with them! And the heels much tighter.