1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Lobb and Berluti

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SuitingStyle, Apr 24, 2006.

1. SuitingStyle

SuitingStyle Distinguished Member

Hi -

New to this forum, but I am a great lover of dress shoes, so this forum is like heaven to me.

A question for the shoe experts on this forum. I really want to own a pair of John Lobb or Burluti, but unfortunately, don't have an excess of 1 G for the usual cost of a pair. Does anyone know if there are places or methods I could obtain a pair on the discount?

thanks,

2. whoopee

whoopee Distinguished Member

You can regularly find JL seconds on ebay, or go to their sales. Berluti are more difficult, as, per LVMH policy, they do not hold sales.

3. Raralith

Raralith Senior Member

Well still high, I just purchased a pair of JL Barkley's in chestnut for $700 after tax (nearly 10%) from the Costa Mesa botuqie store. Most items are 50% off, but everything is based off of availability in sizing. They ship so you can give them a call, but you have to be pretty confident about your sizing and their last because all sales are final. The sale officially starts this Monday (06/21/2010) and I have no idea how long it will last.

Beyond that, NM has sales sometimes, but this is a hit or miss since they carry considerably less models and sizes (at least for me in UK 6 Wide) are rare.

4. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

5. Shikar

Shikar Distinguished Member

after 4 years, SuitingStyle will finally be able to buy some Lobbs!!

[​IMG]

Regards.

6. imatlas

imatlas Distinguished Member

Well still high, I just purchased a pair of JL Barkley's in chestnut for $700 after tax (nearly 10%) from the Costa Mesa botuqie store. Most items are 50% off, but everything is based off of availability in sizing. They ship so you can give them a call, but you have to be pretty confident about your sizing and their last because all sales are final. The sale officially starts this Monday (06/21/2010) and I have no idea how long it will last.

Beyond that, NM has sales sometimes, but this is a hit or miss since they carry considerably less models and sizes (at least for me in UK 6 Wide) are rare.

A couple of days ago they quoted me 30% off shoes from their regular line and 40% off prestige line shoes. Are you sure about that 50% discount?

7. Raralith

Raralith Senior Member

A couple of days ago they quoted me 30% off shoes from their regular line and 40% off prestige line shoes. Are you sure about that 50% discount?

Yes, I just purchased them 5 days ago. I looked at both Classic and Prestiage in ~8 shoes total, both lines were 50% off but only the Pretiage came with shoe trees ($115 value).

8. chatty

chatty Well-Known Member

I know John Lobb has a summer sale every year in the NYC boutique and it's up to 40% off. I've purchased from there before. I would just call that store and ask when it starts. I know that it doesn't last very long though, so call soon.

As for Berluti, I actually am not a fan. I bought a pair from NY Barney's and it is definiately one of my biggest purchase regrets. I didn't think the shoes were that good and didn't age well. My understanding is that they outsource their RTW shoes to some other maker, and just take care of the finishing. I was very disappointed with the shoes.

IMHO, I would say the Lobbs are more worthwhile.