• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea idk where the miscommunication happened but I probably messed up somewhere. I ended sagging my pants down a little bit so it reaches down the shoe more. I also included a pic of it cuffed. It does look a little better but I am pretty bummed about it lol.

Attachments

• 4B775CF3-9033-46BA-A0D1-382E555770BF.jpeg
    4B775CF3-9033-46BA-A0D1-382E555770BF.jpeg
    164.4 KB · Views: 73
  • B52FB89F-C1FA-4AC0-8392-B9FF56F99819.jpeg
    B52FB89F-C1FA-4AC0-8392-B9FF56F99819.jpeg
    185.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 5905543C-AEC2-4F93-AD32-BA6104950BBB.jpeg
    5905543C-AEC2-4F93-AD32-BA6104950BBB.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 79
  • BECE38BF-9953-40EF-83E6-A1E5205D83B7.jpeg
    BECE38BF-9953-40EF-83E6-A1E5205D83B7.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 76

Lextino

Reaction score
Yea idk where the miscommunication happened but I probably messed up somewhere. I ended sagging my pants down a little bit so it reaches down the shoe more. I also included a pic of it cuffed. It does look a little better but I am pretty bummed about it lol.
yeah man i would never hem my JE denim and I'm short i like the stacks ha i think u should prob cuff these or hem them a lil more and just wear them cropped

4pollo

Reaction score
I need your guys’ opinion on this. I visited back home in LA a few months ago and I had my Figueroa hemmed at a local tailor shop. I finally got them back in the mail today and wow... I lost all of the stacks on it and it looks so weird without it.

personally I feel like I just lost a pair of jeans but what do you guys think? I can try to cuff them but idk about the look of cuffing them on a distressed pair of skinny denim.
Imo taper the bottom part to the hem so it's close to your ankles, then wear with high tops/boots that have a narrow opening like converse or Chelsea's.

OnTheMoon

Reaction score
I’ve always had good experiences with UPS, surprisingly never had a delay and they’ve always been on time or early. Then again, that’s just my experience. Sorry to hear y’all have had bad experiences.

i just wish JE shipped faster than ground... sucks but they probably have an account with them and it’s a lot cheaper, I don’t blame them.
Yeah man I hate to complain but JE is the worst with shipping regarding online retailers.

Reminds me of when I was like 13yrs old and I would wait 1 to 1.5 months for my fake bape to come in from China lmao

Last edited:

OnTheMoon

Reaction score
I need your guys’ opinion on this. I visited back home in LA a few months ago and I had my Figueroa hemmed at a local tailor shop. I finally got them back in the mail today and wow... I lost all of the stacks on it and it looks so weird without it.

personally I feel like I just lost a pair of jeans but what do you guys think? I can try to cuff them but idk about the look of cuffing them on a distressed pair of skinny denim.

You hemmed them way too short.

only way I see you getting SOME stacks back is by wearing high tops with them.

Side note: imo unless the stacking goes high up on your shin you should never hem denim

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hemmed them because the stacks are too much. It just looked too sloppy made me look even shorter. I’m 5’8 and that’s not ideal. I blame my middle school self for staying up late to watch family guy. I was suppose to be a 6’3 model :)... I just think I made a mistake in communication. I only wanted around 2 inches cut but it looks like they cut 4 instead.

i was going to do it with my other JE denim but I’m hesitant now. It’s the same issue with my nimbus but I’ll keep it as is for now...

Appreciate all the suggestions. I might end up getting them tapered more to see how it is but I’ll probably do it during the spring or summer.

Edit:

i decided to try it on with my vandals. This was the original setup the time I posted a pic when I first got the Figs and it didn’t look right. I honestly am still not that happy with how it looks but it does look way better now

Attachments

• 9381F516-A927-4FA9-A2AE-744C18232332.jpeg
    9381F516-A927-4FA9-A2AE-744C18232332.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 838C2ECD-96D9-4089-A3B1-420B8A35BF3D.jpeg
    838C2ECD-96D9-4089-A3B1-420B8A35BF3D.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

funkyprez

Reaction score
How about unstitching the hem and leaving it as a raw hem? That could give you maybe another 1/2-1”.

(edit: this might not work if they attached the original hem)

This happened to me a few years back on some Acnes which I had hemmed before washing, and they shrunk a bit afterward. They just became the “jeans I wear with boots”.

Lextino

Reaction score
I hemmed them because the stacks are too much. It just looked too sloppy made me look even shorter. I’m 5’8 and that’s not ideal. I blame my middle school self for staying up late to watch family guy. I was suppose to be a 6’3 model :)... I just think I made a mistake in communication. I only wanted around 2 inches cut but it looks like they cut 4 instead.

i was going to do it with my other JE denim but I’m hesitant now. It’s the same issue with my nimbus but I’ll keep it as is for now...

Appreciate all the suggestions. I might end up getting them tapered more to see how it is but I’ll probably do it during the spring or summer.
really? **** im 5/7 and i think the stacks look good i also have the figueoras

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edit:

i decided to try it on with my vandals. This was the original setup the time I posted a pic when I first got the Figs and it didn’t look right. I honestly am still not that happy with how it looks but it does look way better now

I’d sell them on grailed and get another pair. Simply for the fact that it’ll always bother you. It’s like buying a car in the color you didn’t want. Everyday you see it is a reminder.

Last edited:

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d sell them on grailed and get another pair. Simply for the fact that it’ll always bother you. It’s like buying a car in the color you didn’t want. Everyday you see it is a reminder.
Yea I absolutely am feeling this but who is going to want to buy this lol.

OnTheMoon

Reaction score
really? **** im 5/7 and i think the stacks look good i also have the figueoras
I’m 5’7” and wear 32 inseam Denim sometimes 34 depending on brand. I don’t understand how stacks make you look shorter unless you’re wearing super oversized tops

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I absolutely am feeling this but who is going to want to buy this lol.
There are hemmed jeans on grailed and eBay all the time. Every time I think I finally see a pair of old d02’s that I’ve been hunting for, I see the inseam chopped down to 29”. Who are these hobbits?!

I’m 5’7” and wear 32 inseam Denim sometimes 34 depending on brand. I don’t understand how stacks make you look shorter unless you’re wearing super oversized tops
Stacks, depending on how high, can absolutely throw the dimensions off on how tall or short someone looks. Stacks can give the illusion that the legs are shorter.
It’s better to imagine this in dress pants. When you see bunching and sloppy hems on dress pants they make the guy look shorter. Contrast that to a no break/slight break in length and the overall silhouette and lines look cleaner.

kcinirni

Reaction score
I’m actually getting my nimbus and washed graphite’s hemmed tomorrow. Since this has been brought up what should I hem them too? I was thinking 28. I got my Apc stonewashed to a 28 and I’m happy how they came out. I’m 5’6. I’ll be honest I’m not a fan of stacks but maybe a 29 or 30” inseam would get rid of the excess fabric bunching up Bc when I wear my cast 2s my stacks look sloppy and bulge from the sides

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m actually getting my nimbus and washed graphite’s hemmed tomorrow. Since this has been brought up what should I hem them too? I was thinking 28. I got my Apc stonewashed to a 28 and I’m happy how they came out. I’m 5’6. I’ll be honest I’m not a fan of stacks but maybe a 29 or 30” inseam would get rid of the excess fabric bunching up Bc when I wear my cast 2s my stacks look sloppy and bulge from the sides
I would HIGHLY suggest taking your pants in with the shoes you intend to wear them with to a tailor. Have the tailor pin the pants to the height that you want. You may have to get them tapered as well. Pants generally get narrower as they get down to the cuff (unless they are straight legs), so if you chop off 6 inches they may turn out baggy at your new cuff.
You really shouldn’t just say “I want a 28 inch inseam”, because the length of the pant really depends on the outseam (drop/rise + inseam + where you wear them, hips vs waist) and this can vary by brand or fit or even denim to denim.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads