• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well my theory was right. Whatever the model wears go two sizes up. Smh the hood on the spruce hoodie is way smaller than normal. I’m 1-4 on BF.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can fit the hoodie but Wanted if a little looser. I guess I got a surplus hoodie in XL and herringbone cargos in a L for sale.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my yuji in today, sized up one from my previous Blackmeans. It’s a nice jacket, but it’s really stiff, I actually prefer the standard Blackmeans leather over this washed one. Makes me wish I got my previous one, one size up. ??‍♂️

You might have liked the Roku better. iirc it had a softer feel due to the wash but the leather was really distressed with cracking throughout. It wasn’t as snug of a fit either.

hermesonly

Reaction score
New-In. JE Bozeman Shorts, University Haze Tee (I sized down to a Small).. When I ordered this Bozeman shorts from the Flash Sale, I was concerned that the Bozeman shorts would be too long for this 5’4” shorty, and it was a relief that fit and length was just PERFECT.. Haze (Dusty Mauve) is one really cool color that JE made to date.

BF Flash Sales have arrived.. JE Icons in Black, White and Beige. Haze University Tee, Pearl Cords BBall Shorts and Bozeman Shorts

8F2FFAFA-94C3-453F-AEE5-3813458BD0D1.jpeg
57C043BE-6BD3-41FE-9B6B-CED7E1EA2D2C.jpeg

Last edited:

KyleKelley

Reaction score
@MIKE_JE Considering the amount of feedback regarding your signature double layer detail on your denim, will you be putting it back on in the future? Why fix what ain't broke...
Something tells me this change has more to do with where they are being produced or cutting costs than an artistic choice. Why would they go back and remove them from carbons unless it’s an efficiency move, just doesn’t make sense.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Something tells me this change has more to do with where they are being produced or cutting costs than an artistic choice. Why would they go back and remove them from carbons unless it’s an efficiency move, just doesn’t make sense.

If I recall correctly I brought this up during BF week after I received my Plumas and @MIKE_JE basically said that they didn’t think it was a big deal and didn’t think it was something people really cared about, so they removed them.

But obviously I would think it’s bigger than that and probably has to deal with what you said, production or costs.

rbroseph

Reaction score
@KyleKelley agree with you 100%. I posted a similar personal observation a while back too. Just checking if they're going to listen to the people on this one lol.

Of course there's no "ill intent" removing the detail when their intent is to save $. And when Mike confirmed they have not completely switched from Riri zippers, it's easy to point out that they only kept them on their mainline items which don't go on steep discounts. So far they're using YKK on their seasonal pieces because they figured out that they would end up selling them at highly discounted prices (even more from their stockists). Probably why we're seeing the price increases too

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got home after being away for a bit and finally opened up my JE packages.

camo crew is so small my wife wouldn’t even wear the size Medium. The wash is awesome AF though

Tees are all Uni, BF colors are sick. LA sweats are GOAT (plz release these in literally all colors), probably would have gone with Medium if I looked at size chart. But it’s coo

Sorry but socks are a joke for the price.

Attachments

• 14B64E6A-23BE-4329-9545-CCE8F0EF0C5B.jpeg
    14B64E6A-23BE-4329-9545-CCE8F0EF0C5B.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 2E4B9568-3B07-45BF-AA76-D2CF93B1D6ED.jpeg
    2E4B9568-3B07-45BF-AA76-D2CF93B1D6ED.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 1CA07C59-FDCC-4838-854F-13351F389B6D.jpeg
    1CA07C59-FDCC-4838-854F-13351F389B6D.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 111

thekidcub

Reaction score
New-In. JE Bozeman Shorts, University Haze Tee (I sized down to a Small).. When I ordered this Bozeman shorts from the Flash Sale, I was concerned that the Bozeman shorts would be too long for this 5’4” shorty, and it was a relief that fit and length was just PERFECT.. Haze (Dusty Mauve) is one really cool color that JE made to date.

View attachment 1297657

BF Flash Sales have arrived.. JE Icons in Black, White and Beige. Haze University Tee, Pearl Cords BBall Shorts and Bozeman Shorts

View attachment 1297659 View attachment 1297660
looks dope, how’d you size on the bozeman shorts? need a belt or no?

iamfudge

Reaction score
corpus and skittles sweater came in. quickly threw them on to get a pic. sized down to 29 on corpus and was expecting to have them too big from the comments, but they actually fit. my goal was to have the waist more fitted since I'm a 29 tts, but they fit similar to my cast 2 30 size. waist is a bit loose, but thighs and calf fitted. def couldn't go down to 28. I thought they would be darker, but next to jet they look more washed color. also they're pretty stiff. thinking of keeping them now since sizing isn't an issue.

skittles sweater, like the beanie, is super soft. went with my JE tts, chest fits a bit OS. unique piece, but have to see how much wear it'll get out of my current rotation.

pluma update: been wearing them around the apt for a day, loosened up a bit, but not nearly as much as my other cast 2s. either way, it's good enough for me so it'll be a keeper.

Attachments

• IMG_20191212_150417.jpg
    IMG_20191212_150417.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_20191212_161603.jpg
    IMG_20191212_161603.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20191212_161701.jpg
    IMG_20191212_161701.jpg
    320.1 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
corpus and skittles sweater came in. quickly threw them on to get a pic. sized down to 29 on corpus and was expecting to have them too big from the comments, but they actually fit. my goal was to have the waist more fitted since I'm a 29 tts, but they fit similar to my cast 2 30 size. waist is a bit loose, but thighs and calf fitted. def couldn't go down to 28. I thought they would be darker, but next to jet they look more washed color. also they're pretty stiff. thinking of keeping them now since sizing isn't an issue.

skittles sweater, like the beanie, is super soft. went with my JE tts, chest fits a bit OS. unique piece, but just have to see how to get wear out of my current rotation.

pluma update: been wearing them around the apt for a day, loosened up a bit, but not nearly as much as my other cast 2s. either way, it's good enough for me so it'll be a keeper.

Sweater is fire, interesting on the sizing on your Cast 1’s. I typically buy JE Cast 2 in 30 or 31 if I want it looser and I purchased 28 in Cast 1, I could easily button the jeans and from the thigh down it fit more like a 30 Cast 2. If I went up to 29 it would’ve been pretty loose.

I guess it depends on the fit you want, but those look great! And it’s nice to hear someone’s take on the Corpus since I seriously couldn’t tell much of a difference with the Onyx and Corpus when it came to the eye test.

iamfudge

Reaction score
Sweater is fire, interesting on the sizing on your Cast 1’s. I typically buy JE Cast 2 in 30 or 31 if I want it looser and I purchased 28 in Cast 1, I could easily button the jeans and from the thigh down it fit more like a 30 Cast 2. If I went up to 29 it would’ve been pretty loose.

I guess it depends on the fit you want, but those look great! And it’s nice to hear someone’s take on the Corpus since I seriously couldn’t tell much of a difference with the Onyx and Corpus when it came to the eye test.

I think a 28 would have been perfect waist wise, but pulling them up I'd hit a blocker with my thighs & hips. my waist is smaller compared to those two. it may be a bit hard to tell, but thighs and calf are pretty fitted (I think it's more noticeable in the calf). overall it works and since after ~30wears it should open up. my only concern there is the waist becoming too wide since its already loose to begin with. I need to check back on my heavily worn cast 2's and see how much those opened up to see if these will be manageable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics