• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gentlypfister

Reaction score
What about a Chukka boot? Clarks Desert Boots are a casual go to of mine for work. Not as formal as a Chelsea (in my opinion). Very versatile and pretty comfortable (the suede/crepe sole ones). Plus you can get them super cheap. I find Amazon returns for like $40 in my size all the time and just replace them once the sole is looking beat.

Nice heads up - these are classic and I had some Red Wing Chukkas but never wore em enough.

viberg slippers

These are pretty fresh - good heads up. May be a good alt for me. I love CP slips and would buy more if I could find. They stopped making leather ones. I have the perf leather ones and LOVE.

Those boots are a joke

try Grenson derbys. I’ve two pairs. The curt suede derby in maple suede and black suede.

with Chelsea’s you want a crepe sole if you find them too dressy. Cheaper alternative to CP (which are stupidly expensive for a non-Goodyear-welted shoe. Don’t buy them) are the crepe Chelsea’s from All Saints.

LOL - love the strong opinions haha. Yea - i'm into CP - just never found good options outside of the slips. I guess I don't love any raised heel. No idea why. Maybe the sneakerhead in me I suppose.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really like sneaker chelsea, but they don't wear very well. end up looking super clunky - ALD had a pair, i returned it right away.

everlane has a sneaker chelsea - but also too narrow
Man I’m glad you returned those, those ald sneaker Chelsea’s are atrocious, they are like a AJ1/AF1 attached to a Chelsea. It makes no sense. I don’t understand this frankensteining of shoes

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice heads up - these are classic and I had some Red Wing Chukkas but never wore em enough.

These are pretty fresh - good heads up. May be a good alt for me. I love CP slips and would buy more if I could find. They stopped making leather ones. I have the perf leather ones and LOVE.

LOL - love the strong opinions haha. Yea - i'm into CP - just never found good options outside of the slips. I guess I don't love any raised heel. No idea why. Maybe the sneakerhead in me I suppose.
The viberg slippers/slip ons look really good with some wear. When I first saw them I thought they were hideous. With some wear the unstructured toes breaks down and it sits nice and flat and doesn’t look as bulbous. I’ll see if I can find some pics.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i really like sneaker chelsea, but they don't wear very well. end up looking super clunky - ALD had a pair, i returned it right away.

everlane has a sneaker chelsea - but also too narrow
Man I’m glad you returned those, those ald sneaker Chelsea’s are atrocious, they are like a AJ1/AF1 attached to a Chelsea. It makes no sense. I don’t understand this frankensteining of shoes

LMAO was about to say exactly what @nsubrmnn said. I remember seeing those shoes and was like “WTF?!”

Also my AE in Pebble got delivered today, damn I love that color.

Rjb5183

Reaction score

The ALD ones were awful. I personally think the Common Project versions worked OK as far as a hybrid goes, but I agree they don't look as good as the normal Chelsea's (although they had their place). Given the option, i would take a classic Desert Boot over the Chelsea Sneaker. I think Desert Boots are a great compromise for something dressier than a sneaker but not too formal.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Raw indigos arrived Sunday morning (or could have been late Saturday). Strange thing is I never received a shipping notice, or the usual delivery notifications.

how do you like them?

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The LA sweats, camo crew and burgundy cord shorts arrived today.
The LA sweats have a nice weight to them and are not overly big which I like. Waist fits snug but not tight and the hem is nice and snug so you can really alter your look based on footwear. Front pockets are fairly deep which I like but the back pocket seems a little small however I probably will rarely use it anyways.
Sized up to a medium in the Camo Crew and glad I did fits like a true small. Awesome color and perfect for fall/winter months. Burgundy crew is def my favorite color b-ball shorts and fits great at tts.
Sorry the lighting sucks so pic is a little dark.

Attachments

• 991A0529-87E6-4DAE-91F0-6E402783FAA4.jpeg
    991A0529-87E6-4DAE-91F0-6E402783FAA4.jpeg
    178.3 KB · Views: 70

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The LA sweats have a nice weight to them and are not overly big which I like. Waist fits snug but not tight and the hem is nice and snug so you can really alter your look based on footwear. Front pockets are fairly deep which I like but the back pocket seems a little small however I probably will rarely use it anyways.
Sized up to a medium in the Camo Crew and glad I did fits like a true small. Awesome color and perfect for fall/winter months. Burgundy crew is def my favorite color b-ball shorts and fits great at tts.
La sweats look good, would love for some Escobar’s in that weight

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are the LA Sweats? Dang that looks good. Crew looks great too, I ordered TTS Medium, hopefully it fits well and not like a TTS Small like you said, that’d suck for me.

mookiej

Reaction score
I’m assuming the 50% off sale items haven’t shipped yet for most? I haven’t received any emails yet.
Mine still hasn't shipped either.

To be fair, their order confirmation email said it could take up to 7 business days. Although now it's been 6...

isculpt

Reaction score
Nicasio Bomber in Black came in. Thoughts.

The Good: Color/Finish is insane, makes it stand out from all the bombers you see in the crowd. Versatile as well. Solid construction as far as I can tell.

The Bad: The hardware is forgettable. You'd expect a jacket that retails for $500+ to have lux hardware but alas it's just okay. I do like the color/tone they went with though, complements the jacket nicely. Gets the job done.

The Ugly: Firstly, it's very light. The normal Bogotas are already light to midweight bombers, the Nicasio Bogota is even lighter than that. Not robust at all. Also the quilted lining is thin and not very warm. The nylon feels "fragile" in a way. Maybe due to the treatment process?

I will say the lightness of it makes the jacket easy to wear and very easy to layer with. You won't \overheat wearing a hoodie underneath this, and you'll still be able to move around easily. Also the lighter lining may be a plus depending on your climate.

Fit: Unlike the normal Bogota, which fits tailored and slim, the Nicasio bomber fits more akin to a traditional MA-1. It's boxy in the body, cropped length, and wider sleeves. Honestly the fit reminds me less of JE and more akin to Yeezy or FOG or even the Acne Makio. So depending on your aesthetic, this could be a plus. I for one love the fit.

Just don't expect the fit to be like the normal Bogotas AT ALL.

Overall, I'm happy with it at the sale price I paid(~$230). However I'd feel disappointed if I paid full retail at $500-600 depending. It feels like a $250-300 bomber at MOST. Should honestly be priced like a normal Bogota, at least that's what it feels like to me.

If you love/adore the look and finish, I'd recommend buying it on sale. Never recommend buying it at FULL retail.

quickstruck

Reaction score
Mine still hasn't shipped either.

To be fair, their order confirmation email said it could take up to 7 business days. Although now it's been 6...

I have a 11/24 order that still hasn’t shipped. Might’ve been better to just order every single item separately lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads