• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
I remember when I first posted in this forum, and I talked about how I always sized up in John's earlier hoodies because I liked an oversized fit, and EVERYBODY on this forum roasted me beyond belief. "This isnt the 90's, you cant dress blah blah." Now everything John makes is oversized.

Just a random thought with no meaning or purpose behind it.

In hindsight, I'm now 165 but still stick with the XL. XXL is now admittedly overkill and had to sell them all ha.

Things are so cyclical. That’s why I’m kind of weary spending a big chunk of cash on clothes. I feel like my taste changes all the time.

I have a villain in size L and even though it isn’t super tight a part of me wishes I got a XL now, even though the L looks fine. Watch me in a few years be happy with the L lol.

malcolmbw

Reaction score
Is there any shoes that look similarly to the JE combat boots? I still regret not getting them a few Black Fridays ago.

I have these which are somewhat similar:

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Love those paneled shorts but totally snoozed. What size did you go and what's your general h/w? I may try and grab on Grailed...

I’m 5’8” about 140ish. Took a small (TTS) and they fit great. I’m a 28 in JE denim. I’ve found most JE shorts have very snug waists which is interesting considering the massive ones on the cargos.

white collar

Reaction score
Cozy Sunday fit. Raglan Crew, Canyons.
IMG_0728.jpg

Lovemybed

Reaction score
I have these which are somewhat similar:

Look great. Sold out though. They do look similar to the JE boots. Wish JE did more shoes like that. Not sure how the quality on the JE boots were though.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those wondering, the terry on the la sweatpants does not bag out or stretch out much like the normal terry does. I wore mine this weekend and was perfectly happy with the quality. Fits pretty much like the oversized sweats. The cuff for me stays put on my ankles or higher if I want

Wally_SF

Reaction score
For those wondering, the terry on the la sweatpants does not bag out or stretch out much like the normal terry does. I wore mine this weekend and was perfectly happy with the quality. Fits pretty much like the oversized sweats. The cuff for me stays put on my ankles or higher if I want

Is it the exact same material as the replicas?

Will JE release the LA sweats in same wash at the “washed black” iteration from replicas. Sorry but that washed black is far superior vs the ones on the LA sweats. @MIKE_JE

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is it the exact same material as the replicas?

Will JE release the LA sweats in same wash at the “washed black” iteration from replicas. Sorry but that washed black is far superior vs the ones on the LA sweats. @MIKE_JE

I don’t know what the replica washed black was on the terry but it’s pretty much the similar shade as the replica tee and older washed stuff I have.

Titothejawnman

Reaction score
Things are so cyclical. That’s why I’m kind of weary spending a big chunk of cash on clothes. I feel like my taste changes all the time.

I have a villain in size L and even though it isn’t super tight a part of me wishes I got a XL now, even though the L looks fine. Watch me in a few years be happy with the L lol.
Brother, the feelings right here. Know that I see your, and know I am with you

jcecco

Reaction score
They expanded their store close to me and holy ****, I had no idea how much dope casualwear they had.

Love hearing that! Lots of good stuff coming in 2020. The assortment is huge, the new stores give us a lot more space. What store is near you?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads