• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Lovemybed

Reaction score
Is there any shoes that look similarly to the JE combat boots? I still regret not getting them a few Black Fridays ago.

Also any reviews on the surplus hoodie, striped turtleneck, and the spec fleece hoodie? Waiting for all these items from the BF sale. Did no research because I knew I had to jump at those prices before they sold out

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is there any shoes that look similarly to the JE combat boots? I still regret not getting them a few Black Fridays ago.

Also any reviews on the surplus hoodie, striped turtleneck, and the spec fleece hoodie? Waiting for all these items from the BF sale. Did no research because I knew I had to jump at those prices before they sold out

amiri, rhude, from the first combat boots

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
Mox
Trucker
7C3C4710-D4F5-48DB-A682-C5F6CED9A8F2.jpeg

Last edited:

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score
Reactions: Rnt

Rnt

Reaction score
It’s up on ssense as well

Well spotted! Hey at least it has pockets on the side haha

jcenky

Reaction score
I remember when I first posted in this forum, and I talked about how I always sized up in John's earlier hoodies because I liked an oversized fit, and EVERYBODY on this forum roasted me beyond belief. "This isnt the 90's, you cant dress blah blah." Now everything John makes is oversized.

Just a random thought with no meaning or purpose behind it.

In hindsight, I'm now 165 but still stick with the XL. XXL is now admittedly overkill and had to sell them all ha.

Attachments

• john.jpg
    john.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 88

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember when I first posted in this forum, and I talked about how I always sized up in John's earlier hoodies because I liked an oversized fit, and EVERYBODY on this forum roasted me beyond belief. "This isnt the 90's, you cant dress blah blah." Now everything John makes is oversized.

If you say it, it means you’re still thinking about it, meaning the purpose of this is that you wanted to throw it back in everyone’s faces and show them you were right.

At least that’s what it sounds like to me

itzkoolkidkam

Reaction score

In hindsight, I'm now 165 but still stick with the XL. XXL is now admittedly overkill and had to sell them all ha.

I have all their names and addresses. Let me know if you need

Bimmer93

Reaction score

1. Who gives a ****? Nobody.
2. It’s all cyclical. Wearing an oversized sweatshirt a couple years ago doesn’t exactly qualify you as the fashion visionary you’re trying to subtly imply.

jcenky

Reaction score
If you say it, it means you’re still thinking about it, meaning the purpose of this is that you wanted to throw it back in everyone’s faces and show them you were right.

At least that’s what it sounds like to me

Correct

The only reason I was still thinking about it, because during the black friday sale I came on here and wanted to see what everybody was getting and pics and such. Then I remembered that weekend, when I first joined and came for advice and everybody was just very unhelpful. Meant to post that weekend, but forgot and just remembered.

No other meaning behind it. Trust me I am no fashion expert or visionary, and just wear whatever I like and is comfortable.

The only things I have bought from john since 2016, was a couple raglan hoodies my friend got me at that warehouse sale, the daze avalon during the 50% off sale, and recently the mock neck in a medium because that is not a piece to wear oversized IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads