• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trevorxflyint

Reaction score
Just got in the herringbone cargos. I think I should’ve sized down to a small. The one in the picture is a medium. Usually an XL in rios and escobars, and cast 2 size 33

Not sure if they changed the fit since the OG cargos but I don't think there's any way you'd be able to swing a small. I'm about 145 lbs, size 28-29 in cast 2 and the waist is already semi-snug on me and doesn't seem to stretch all that much

OnTheMoon

Reaction score
Really wanted the mock neck tee, but it’s oversized and those measurements ?

Aaaaaaand my size is already sold out anyway. I’ll take it as a sign

Last edited:

Xxcapo

Reaction score
I understand the sweatshop perspective, but even still, seems a little meh that we would hold a small brand like JE accountable for something like that while posting fit pics in our Nikes...Let's be honest, we don't care THAT much, just sayin.
I personally don’t wear Nike or any footwear made in China. I think the issue people have is that JE is charging decently high designer prices for items that most likely didn’t cost much in labor because they’re made in China in some cases.

OnTheMoon

Reaction score
I would never pay 400 for cargos made in China. I could probably find cargos for that price made in Japan/Italy/Portugal.

The only thing I bought from JE that was produce in China was the Scarlett Overcoat and while its an amazing piece if I had known it was made in China I would never have looked at it in the first place.

For the prices that JE charges, none of their stuff should be made in China and I actively avoid any of the stuff JE produced in China. I’m looking for longevity in my clothes, not fast fashion quality.

I haven’t spent more than $75 for anything that’s produced in China/Vietnam/etc in the last couple of years aside from this iPhone.

I know China isn’t all just sweatshops with poor quality but I’m not risking loving a piece only for it to deteriorate within a year or so, especially a JE piece.

Last edited:

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally don’t wear Nike or any footwear made in China. I think the issue people have is that JE is charging decently high designer prices for items that most likely didn’t cost much in labor because they’re made in China in some cases.

I have thoughts on why this doesn't make sense, but I'll leave it alone cause I don't wanna take over the board wit this convo. At the end of the day, it's just different opinions on a line of thinking.

Lextino

Reaction score
How Did everyone size on the sequoia hoodie? i went with my tts medium and it feels super snug...

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
$400 for cargos made in China? I can probably find cargos for that price made in Japan/Italy/Portugal while on sale.

I’m not paying more than $75 for anything that’s produced in China (aside from iPhone ?)

This is a myth too though. The labor in China really isn't all that cheap anymore, especially when it comes to clothing with a lot of make. Those that want inexpensive labor and low-cost goods are finding much, much lower prices in India, Cambodia, and Bangladesh. China does some of the best quality work when it comes to technical pieces, outwear, and knits, and when you're producing 100-500 units of a given garment? It does not come cheap out of China, I promise you.

Xxcapo

Reaction score
I have thoughts on why this doesn't make sense, but I'll leave it alone cause I don't wanna take over the board wit this convo. At the end of the day, it's just different opinions on a line of thinking.

Nothing to do with sweatshops tbh. Honestly it’s just value lol. I can get nice designer shoes on sale from Ssense for like $110-140. I haven’t bought any mall brands in years because of that.

these were around $120

aJEfan

Reaction score
I always see this come up on here, but never understood why that mattered so much. I know that on a broad scale, the perception is that something is "made better" if it comes out of Japan over China, but is the difference really even all that noticeable? There are poorly made things that come out of Japan and things that are made well that come out of China, so it always just seemed to me like it would depend on the brand with how accountable they wanna be for delivering quality. Like if you wanna cut corners for cost, you can totally still do that while having something made in Japan or Italy or wherever we often associate high quality goods to come from.

Agreed. I recently purchased an Off-White hat on sale that was Made in Italy and it had worse quality than several snapbacks/hats I own that are made in China.

nosurrender414

Reaction score
Regardless of whether the criticism has merit, JE has promoted Made in Los Angeles and Made in Japan for multiple products so obviously country of origin means something.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads