• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iamfudge

Reaction score
Nordstrom has some solid stuff at 40% off. Grabbed a few things but most notably that blue x brown Jupiter shirt. Been eyeing that all season.

was eyeing this too, but having trouble pulling the trigger because this sale is basically last year's retail. I'll probably hold out on it, but please post photos

KyleKelley

Reaction score
NICASIO HIMALAYAN PANTS are 40% off at $226.80 on Nordstrom which seems like a really good deal. You guys think I should pull the trigger or wait for JE black friday? I've been wanting them since they came out but waiting for the lowest price I could find

zabo358

Reaction score
was eyeing this too, but having trouble pulling the trigger because this sale is basically last year's retail. I'll probably hold out on it, but please post photos
Will do. Definitely a bummer with how they did the pricing on the new Juipters but I wanted to cop one stand out piece this sale season so I’m willing to bite the bullet on this one.

due_dilla

Reaction score
NICASIO HIMALAYAN PANTS are 40% off at $226.80 on Nordstrom which seems like a really good deal. You guys think I should pull the trigger or wait for JE black friday? I've been wanting them since they came out but waiting for the lowest price I could find
. Same question here. I don’t think JE will go deeper than 40%, unless there is a Nicasio flash sale. Even then, you might not be guaranteed your size.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m surprise my plumas didn’t ship yesterday? Usually same day when ordering early. Anyone else?

chris_rosario

Reaction score
Early access starts Sunday

8191298A-1935-407B-88D8-3A8197E21717.jpeg

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick review on Daze Cove and Kane II Avalon:

Daze Cove//
IMG_0538.jpg
IMG_0539.jpg
Wash is dope. A mid-to-dark indigo blue with really interesting creasing and coloring throughout. Handfeel and weight are on the "raw" end of the spectrum, similar to Iodine, but slightly more broken in. The fit in the waist is exactly the same as Cast 2. My regular JE size fits perfectly and snug in the waist, then the jean opens up from there, although the top block is still relatively trim. The leg is straight but not overly baggy. Fits perfectly over AJ1s, and playing around with them, I like them with bulkier boots or sneakers. A nice remedy for the skinny jean blues I've been feeling this season.

IMG_0543.jpg
(Y'all mentioned the AJ sweater so I had to show it off.)

IMG_0540.jpg

Kane II Avalon//
IMG_0544.jpg
Wash is okay, in the same vein as more traditional JE. Lighter color, big fades, some paint splatter here and there, little distressed details. These feel more like Onyx (or what I imagine Sahara or Carbon feel like based on descriptions I've heard). Softer, almost silky with that very slight film you can feel on the heavier washes. Kane is a weird fit though. You should absolutely size down unless you're okay with the waist just falling off of you. Not an option for me though, so these are my regular JE size. This is more of a true relaxed fit, gives you that late 90s skater vibe with way more fabric and pooling around the ankles. Not for me. Having said that, if you're 5'10" or taller and are able to take a size smaller than normal, I can see these looking great. I will stick with Daze.

IMG_0550.jpg
IMG_0547.jpg

*For fit reference, I'm 5'8, 140 lbs, and both pairs are 28s.*

Last edited:

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Daze Cove//
View attachment 1284966
Wash is dope. A mid-to-dark indigo blue with really interesting creasing and coloring throughout. Handfeel and weight are on the "raw" end of the spectrum, similar to Iodine, but slightly more broken in. The fit in the waist is exactly the same as Cast 2. My regular JE size fits perfectly and snug in the waist, then the jean opens up from there, although the top block is still relatively trim. The leg is straight but not overly baggy. Fits perfectly over AJ1s, and playing around with them, I like them with bulkier boots or sneakers. A nice remedy for the skinny jean blues I've been feeling this season.

View attachment 1284969

Kane II Avalon//
View attachment 1284968
Wash is okay, in the same vein as more traditional JE. Lighter color, big fades, some paint splatter here and there, little distressed details. These feel more like Onyx (or what I imagine Sahara or Carbon feel like based on descriptions I've heard). Softer, almost silky with that very slight film you can feel on the heavier washes. Kane is a weird fit though. You should absolutely size down unless you're okay with the waist just falling off of you. Not an option for me though, so these are my regular JE size. This is more of a true relaxed fit, gives you that late 90s skater vibe with way more fabric and pooling around the ankles. Not for me. Having said that, if you're 5'10" or taller and are able to take a size smaller than normal, I can see these looking great. I will stick with Daze.

View attachment 1284967

Nice review! Daze look surprising better than I thought they would and does complement the bulkier sneakers and boots well. I’m looking to grab the cast 1 eventually for something to go with J1s, etc. Not sure if we’ll see any fit pics anytime soon but thinking they’ll be similar but a slightly bit more slim throughout.

due_dilla

Reaction score

Daze Cove//
View attachment 1284966

View attachment 1284969

Kane II Avalon//
View attachment 1284968

View attachment 1284967

You should note your height and weight. I am 6"2, 195, and I can say that the Daze were WAY to short on me. The inseam doesn't seem long enough for taller guys. The Kane (at retailers only?? so confusing) on the other hand, have a longer inseam and are worth checking if you want a relax JE denim option.

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don’t remember anything being discounted more than 40% even when you stack the VIP code last year. I’m not 100% sure though.
I think you should buy them from Nordstrom. Their return policy is really generous (they kinda don’t really have any https://m.shop.nordstrom.com/c/retu...rp_CustomerService-_-globalfooternav_retexchg).
So if JE ends up being cheaper then you can return the Nordstrom purchase.

barrettdudley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You should note your height and weight. I am 6"2, 195, and I can say that the Daze were WAY to short on me. The inseam doesn't seem long enough for taller guys. The Kane (at retailers only?? so confusing) on the other hand, have a longer inseam and are worth checking if you want a relax JE denim option.

Added. And yeah, that makes sense. I'm 5'8", and I think I could get away with not hemming the Daze. I think this Kane Avalon is a bit of an anomaly. Retailer exclusive and NOT cropped like I'm pretty sure all other Kane have been.

iamfudge

Reaction score

Daze Cove//
View attachment 1284966

View attachment 1284969

Kane II Avalon//
View attachment 1284968

View attachment 1284967

*For fit reference, I'm 5'8, 140 lbs, and both pairs are 28s.*

how did you size on the ALD sweater? is that a small? the size chart looks more tailored than their hoodie sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads