• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May go after the black pair and wear the hell out of them and see what kind of fades i can get.
Sounds like there are 2 “black” pairs. A 100% and a stretch version. I have the OG stretch version, and obsidian isn’t as dark as the new iterations. So if you have your heart set on true black I think you will be disappointed with the stretch version (take a look at my pics). I’m not sure how dark the 100% cotton obsidians will be compared to the current cast 2 obsidians, but they look like they have a white weft, but still look darker than the stretch counterpart but not as dark as what we currently have. Either way, the 100% cotton ones look like winners in my book.
Just for clarification the stretch obsidians have a black/white/brown selvedge ID and the 100% cotton black/red/white selvedge ID

boxdok

Reaction score
I think all the denim tommorow is 100 percent cotton. I do agree there seems to be 2 black pairs and 2 grey pairs releasing. I'm going after the darker black pair. I may holdout because i know there is a pluma denim restock coming up

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think all the denim tommorow is 100 percent cotton. I do agree there seems to be 2 black pairs and 2 grey pairs releasing. I'm going after the darker black pair. I may holdout because i know there is a pluma denim restock coming up
Look above. Reading is key

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Four of the pairs tomorrow are 2X1 woven with 2% stretch. These feel more like 100% cotton because of the 2X1 weave, it is less stretchable in feel and more crisp to the touch than our current 2% pairs. This compositional change is noticeable and I'm sure @nsubrmnn can attest to it. The three pairs he posted are included in this drop.

2X correction: The White and Black pairs, with red selvedge ID are 100% cotton.

Last edited:

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Me hearing Crisp is taking me back. ?

Attachments

• 33F58EA3-B68F-4F44-8677-709F21912788.jpeg
    33F58EA3-B68F-4F44-8677-709F21912788.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 117

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Going to post one last time here, I edited my previous post. The Black and White pairs with red / white selvedge detailing are 100% cotton, as I first communicated. All four other pairs will be 2X1 woven with 2% stretch.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn that’s how they be treating their employees? ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads