• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t have the faux leather, but I have the waxed denim from SLP and it’s my favorite denim, even more so than the MIJ black (which also has a little “shine” to it). The SLP waxed denim is a light wax, but the more you wear it the more it evolves. It’s kind of a “dull” black, that shines with wear, if that makes any sense. The JE is supposedly a double wax, hopefully that doesn’t mean it’s too shiny, like a faux leather. I think you need to be careful with waxed denim, too waxed and it just looks weird and restricts you to only wearing it at night. I guess we’ll see.

Anyway here are some pics of my SLP waxed denim from a while back, there are 2 pics, but anyway you can see how it “shines” off the sunlight.

Fire.

Mauve Game shorts came in yesterday! View attachment 1225581 ???

Mauve!?

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to grab that waxed denim. Daaaamn.

Quick question regarding Bozeman shorts..anyone sized down for these?

white collar

Reaction score
I like everything about them minus this stripe. I’ll order them and see how they look in person.

View attachment 1225402

Keep us updated with pics, looking to pull the trigger on a light wash pair ASAP, I have the same issue as you with this wash, def want to see pics in person.

Anyone know how the obsidian cast 2 fit? I'm looking at grabbing a pair a size up from normal (big thighs). I could size up in the blue denim I have (coast 2 and sorrento) and be fine but the ronin wash seems to have stetched out in the waist more than my other pairs. Any advice on sizing/how much they stretch. Thanks

I picked up the obsidians up about two weeks ago, and went TTS, glad I did. They were basically skin tight when I got them but I wore them to bed every night for a week and they've stretched out to be normal/wearable. They are quite a bit stiffer than the other JE denim I've had so just give yourself a longer break in period and you should be fine. The waist measurement on JE denim jumps a lot from one size to another so I wouldn't size up unless absolutely necessary.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t have the faux leather, but I have the waxed denim from SLP and it’s my favorite denim, even more so than the MIJ black (which also has a little “shine” to it). The SLP waxed denim is a light wax, but the more you wear it the more it evolves. It’s kind of a “dull” black, that shines with wear, if that makes any sense. The JE is supposedly a double wax, hopefully that doesn’t mean it’s too shiny, like a faux leather. I think you need to be careful with waxed denim, too waxed and it just looks weird and restricts you to only wearing it at night (I don’t want to look like I’m wearing leather pants during the daytime). I guess we’ll see.

Anyway here are some pics of my SLP waxed denim from a while back, there are 2 pics, but anyway you can see how it “shines” off the sunlight.

They aren’t as shiny as the leather and wasn’t trying to compare (for JE they got a really good shine tho at the right angle)

Just outfit wise they do the same things for me. If that makes sense. Would still like a pair somehow some way if I can get my money up ?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They aren’t as shiny as the leather and wasn’t trying to compare (for JE they got a really good shine tho at the right angle)

Just outfit wise they do the same things for me. If that makes sense. Would still like a pair somehow some way if I can get my money up ?
Yeah I feel that, I’ve been debating it as well. Not sure it would add much to my wardrobe, but I’m still tempted. I guess I’ll have to see them in hand and make a decision.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
JE waxed look reminiscent of SLP nightriders, which are a little easier to wear than say the DH lusters . DH had the GOAT wax/treatment names for jeans though.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JE needs to update the site. AF1 are showing in stock but sold out when added to cart. Dumb af.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads