• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DxVxNE

Reaction score
Since we've been talking about raws and the Cast 2 - Stretch Kane
11.25oz if I remember correctly. 98% cotton 2% stretch

good thing for the stretch cause they're a bit tight on me, which means they faded extra fast

wore them 5x a week for 6 months and washed before this pic, have worn and washed since

IMG_0609.jpg

Also, the original "The Cast" in black
10oz iirc, super light, 100% cotton

This was only after about 25 wears and 0 washes, have worn and washed many times since.

rocking JE u-neck also
IMG_1952.jpg

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New items at FRWD

Attachments

• D92654A0-4586-464A-9510-BE93E8F2E6D1.jpeg
    D92654A0-4586-464A-9510-BE93E8F2E6D1.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 6E9EF107-6209-4E90-B7E1-E56D1AA3D5FF.jpeg
    6E9EF107-6209-4E90-B7E1-E56D1AA3D5FF.jpeg
    112 KB · Views: 102

boxdok

Reaction score
New jeans on Fwrd too.I wish they had better detail pics of sur wash. They kind of remind me of Harlot without the knee blowouts.

turbospartan

Reaction score
The founder Zaki is real cool. Started off in the sneaker game and ended up creating Steadbrook. Crazy story dealing with robberies/break ins and all

Is that the current owner? The guy at the shop I was talking to said that the original owner is no more, and someone who worked with him/them ended up buying the name/brand/shop

WhaleShark

Reaction score
Did you happen to grab Mojave LS uni? I’m wondering if it’s similar to the washed Mojave from the previous season? I’m think about grabbing it. Looking forward to your pics
I didn’t. Picked up the Spruce, Cadet, and White LS.

Wally_SF

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm how the cotton classic crew fits/feels compared to the Supima blend? Love this cut, but none of my classic crews are cotton

97laxlude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm how the cotton classic crew fits/feels compared to the Supima blend? Love this cut, but none of my classic crews are cotton

The best way I can describe it is that they lost that soft and luxurious feel. That's probably more to do with the lack of micro modal than the supima cotton. They feel a bit thicker as well. I think the thing I like least about it though is that they don't drape as well because the 100% cotton makes it feel a bit more structured.

The 3 things that made the older Classic Crews and Mercer's so great were the soft hand, drape, and colors.

Now it's just like any other shirt. It lost what made it a "premium" shirt.
Disappointing because I used to buy every color that dropped.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The best way I can describe it is that they lost that soft and luxurious feel. That's probably more to do with the lack of micro modal than the supima cotton. They feel a bit thicker as well. I think the thing I like least about it though is that they don't drape as well because the 100% cotton makes it feel a bit more structured.

The 3 things that made the older Classic Crews and Mercer's so great were the soft hand, drape, and colors.

Now it's just like any other shirt. It lost what made it a "premium" shirt.
Disappointing because I used to buy every color that dropped.

The older ones were too long.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads