• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Compared to the olive pair I have these are stiffer and hold more structure, however the trade off is they are not as soft thus less comfortable imo. I sized down to an xs in these and the tie dye fit a tad smaller than my olive pair in the same size. I took a tape measure to a couple areas and confirmed this.

I think I could go tts in the tie dye because of the structure the pants provide. When I went tts in the olives they were very sloppy from the knee down, the weight on the tie dye will help with that. Overall I think these are cool but are too busy for my liking. Gotta return these and pray to the JE gods for a restock on the black pair.
The fit on those looks great, not into the color though.

quickstruck

Reaction score
The founder Zaki is real cool. Started off in the sneaker game and ended up creating Steadbrook. Crazy story dealing with robberies/break ins and all
Was in a Denver shop this weekend, called Steadbrook. They are going to start carrying JE, which will be the first shop in CO I believe (might be one in Aspen too, but that is like 3.5+ hours away). I picked up a pair of Japan Blue denim for $43 there this weekend

due_dilla

Reaction score
@MIKE_JE how does the inseam length of the new Kane compare to the Daze? Are they both 31.8”? If I remember correctly in the podcast John said the Kane were slightly longer.

chris_rosario

Reaction score
The cargo thing must be the new iterations. I have the charcoal and olive cargos from the OG drop, whatever season the Sahara’s were from. Can’t remember the name at the moment but I wore the **** out of them both that summer and the fw after, never had issues.

white collar

Reaction score
@MIKE_JE how does the inseam length of the new Kane compare to the Daze? Are they both 31.8”? If I remember correctly in the podcast John said the Kane were slightly longer.
Link to the podcast? Iv'e heard it mentioned here but never been able to find it.

quickstruck

Reaction score
Jesus I've been scared to wear my cargos bc of this!
To be fair, it's not to the point that there's a visible, gaping hole. It's more like a seam has gotten loose, which is concerning yes, but not a huge deal.

All in all it is a bit of a shame, since I love how they look/fit.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Compared to the olive pair I have these are stiffer and hold more structure, however the trade off is they are not as soft thus less comfortable imo. I sized down to an xs in these and the tie dye fit a tad smaller than my olive pair in the same size. I took a tape measure to a couple areas and confirmed this.

I think I could go tts in the tie dye because of the structure the pants provide. When I went tts in the olives they were very sloppy from the knee down, the weight on the tie dye will help with that. Overall I think these are cool but are too busy for my liking. Gotta return these and pray to the JE gods for a restock on the black pair.

I’m glad I went tts in the camo based on your review.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, it's not to the point that there's a visible, gaping hole. It's more like a seam has gotten loose, which is concerning yes, but not a huge deal.

All in all it is a bit of a shame, since I love how they look/fit.
Just get it repaired now before it blows out, I’m sure your tailor can reinforce it as well

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads